Can I fix / salvage my Lumia 810?

suharsh

New member
Dec 29, 2012
58
0
0
Visit site
Just came from Aruba vacation last night and 1st thing in the morning I decide to back up the pictures and videos from the trip [ very unusual of me :) ] In this process to open the phone to get memory card out and swap with another one, I messed the usb connection for charging!

I do use this technique when I need a new gadget to get wife's permission :) but this one was an honest mistake.

Can this be fixed? If yes any guidance on how to.

Thanks in advance.
 

Panda7

New member
Oct 15, 2014
12
0
0
Visit site
If so, you should be able to reconnect it easily. If it's ripped, I'm sure you could get a replacement. If nothing else, insurance would cover it if you have it
 

suharsh

New member
Dec 29, 2012
58
0
0
Visit site
Sorry ... what I meant was the mini (or micro usb slot) that you connect to charger - I am no longer being able to insert the charging cable! It goes in but not as tight as it used to before - and of course it is not charging!
 

Guzzler3

New member
May 4, 2012
1,398
0
0
Visit site
Just as an off the wall suggestion: Look for lint stuck in the USB port. Seriously. My 810 wouldn't take a charge or connect via the USB port one day. I thought I had broken it somehow. I decided to look at the port under a magnifying glass and discovered it was full of lint from my pocket.

I removed the battery and started carefully digging out the lint with a wooden toothpick (it's non conductive and relatively soft) while looking through a magnifying glass, and blowing out with some caned air. It took me quite awhile, but I eventually got all the lint out. I tested with a USB cable and it went back to 'clicking' into place.

Put the battery back in, cover back on, powered up, and connected to my laptop via USB and things worked. Including charging!

I went back and did the same thing for the ear phone jack. Whoa!!! Now that thing was COMPLETLY plugged up with pocket lint. I hadn't used ear phones in a long time. It took me longer to dig out all the lint from that jack since it is so much deeper than the USB port. I used an X-Acto knife to make barbs on the toothpick to help dig out that lint.
 

Paul Verizzo

New member
Jul 20, 2013
497
0
0
Visit site
If all else fails - including lint removal (try compressed air!) - get a replacement battery and wall charger. Typically both for under $10 on eBay. Pop one battery out, pop the charged one in. Everyone should have a spare battery anyway.
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
323,236
Messages
2,243,501
Members
428,049
Latest member
Nathanboro12