Can I install my Windows 10 Preview to my Microsoft Lumia 640XL dual sim?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

can i istall windows 10 preview to ..microsoft lumia 640xl dual sim????

i wand to istall windows 10 on a lumia 640 xl dual sim....it s safe to do this ? after instalation the phone will still work properly???

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: can i istall windows 10 preview to ..microsoft lumia 640xl dual sim????

Yes you can install it but make sure you read enough before doing that, especially the consequences of a bad and unfinished software upgrade. Also make sure you are aware of how to revert it back in case the upgrade doesn't go as planned.

To answer your second question, the phone won't work properly, it'll have some major software bugs which may or may not go away even after a hard reset or restore using Windows Phone Recovery Tool except performing a dead flash (advanced users only).

RichardTheKing

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Re: can i istall windows 10 preview to ..microsoft lumia 640xl dual sim????

i wand to istall windows 10 on a lumia 640 xl dual sim....it s safe to do this ? after instalation the phone will still work properly???

I have installed windows 10 preview on my 640XL. Still a lot of work to do for Microsoft: too much issues, so decided to use windows phone recovery to get back to 8.1, basically you download the recovery tool on you laptop/pc, you plug your phone on your laptop/pc and the software recover your phone to the last Windows 8.1. it has worked smoothly but the only thing to remember is to as soon as possible reconfigure storage sense to the SD card because It is going to try to install all the app on your phone. This give me a little be some work to do and kept me a little be busy. My 640 XL is now back to 8.1 and is working OK

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077