Can I setup 950 xl without a sim card installed?

Richard Zingre

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Can I setup 950 xl without a sim card installed

Hey all, I just ordered a 950 XL from B&H but I am currently a Verizon customer. I have a lumia icon that is a bit flaky so I wanted to setup the new phone using wifi and just try it for a few days to make sure it's ok to switch carriers. Is there any issue setting up a phone without a SIM card installed?

Thanks for your help guys

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Can I setup 950 xl without a sim card installed

Hey all, I just ordered a 950 XL from B&H but I am currently a Verizon customer. I have a lumia icon that is a bit flaky so I wanted to setup the new phone using wifi and just try it for a few days to make sure it's ok to switch carriers. Is there any issue setting up a phone without a SIM card installed?

yes you can. just remember to update all the apps and pending phone updates :)

crewcabrob

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I'm in the same boat, Icon on Verizon and just picked up a 950xl. I did the set up without a SIM and recently picked up a Straight talk Wireless SIM and now I'm testing carriers to see if I can find one that functions well enough to allow me to jump ship from
Verizon.

I live in Omaha Ne and I'm really struggling to find someone that has good enough service at the local parks when I trail run, snow shoe and mountain bike.

Who are yo swapping to?

Rob

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site

make sure you set up your phone as a new phone and don't set up from a back up from your icon... or you will have problems. a lot have had problems and some haven't... but all the people who have set up a new phone have had the best experience. and like others have said you wont run into problems if you don't pop in a sim card... enjoy your new toy!

Mr Hyde

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site

I was in the same position as you. Icon on Verizon. I bought a 950xl and a 30 day prepaid SIM from T-Mobile. I not only wanted to test the phone but wanted to test another carrier. I had 30 days to return the phone and had no obligation to T-Mobile after my pre pay expired. Perfect... I carried both the 950xl and the Icon for the entire 30 days. Long story short, I am now a 950xl user on a regular T-Mobile account and the Icon sits and collects dust

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nehalwadehra