Can somebody please confirm this story (new windows 10 mobile handset) ?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Probably the most affordable Windows 10 handset in the world
Cherry Mobile has kicked off their CeBit appearance in Germany today by showing off their long awaited Windows 10 handset, the Alpha Prime 5. Since the phone is part of the Alpha series of devices by Cherry Mobile, it?s aimed at budget peeps that want to try out Windows 10 but don?t want to fork over flagship-equivalent monies to get one.

Cherry Mobile Alpha Prime 5
1.1GHz quad-core processor
1GB of RAM
5-inch HD IPS display, 1280 x 720 resolution
8GB of storage expandable via microSD up to 32GB
8-megapixel rear camera
5-megapixel front camera
Dual SIM
3G
WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS
Windows 10
2000mAh battery
The Alpha Prime 5 was announced in the middle of last year, but due to several issues with Windows 10, it?s only now seeing widespread distribution. The Alpha Prime 5 should be heading in this part of the world as well, with a price of just Php 3,999 or just an equivalent of $86 making it one of the most affordable Windows 10 smartphones in the world.

Sorry for the long post since I can't post the link to the article itself, however, I'm getting really excited. Can anybody please confirm this? I was planning to get a cheap quad-core Lumia Phone to experience windows 10 mobile, after experiencing it with my 435, but after reading this article I guess I'll be waiting for this instead. Also, why hasn't this been in any other news? I mean I know it's basically just available in Philippines, but I haven't seen any other related article dated this year at least; and maybe windows central could post this in their blog as well, giving credit to Alpha Luxe for continuing support for Windows Mobile despite Microsoft's ditching their wp8.1 handsets, and by ditching I only mean not granting support to windows 10 mobile update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos