Can the $599 version in Microsoft store use ATT Sim Card when I get Icon immediately.

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
The Icon is quad-band GSM and UMTS/HSPA+ so those features will work overseas. You'll need to check to see if the LTE bands that the Icon has are used with your carrier. (There is no overlap between the Icon's LTE bands and AT&T's LTE bands. Thus, AT&T customers can use the Icon, but not at LTE speeds.)

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I wonder if he'll get Verizon updates for the Icon if it's not registered with Verizon? Of course he'd have to have a Verizon account to register it with Verizon. Just a thought.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I just installed Lumia Black on an 822 without any VZW SIM card in it. So I believe he should be able to put updates on the phone without being a VZW customer. I have been with T-Mo from day one....

Vmartinez39

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
It will work with AT&T SIM. The phones are unlocked.

My biggest question, like you, does MMS, more specifically, incoming MMS? The consensus is unclear.

I ported my number out of H2O and to Net10. I want to get this phone but I bought the 928 a few weeks before release. The only carrier I personally tested that everything works, MMS, SMS, Data is on Net10. I wanted to go to AT&T but couldn't get a solid answer if MMS does work. It might be a show stopper to some but for me I just ported. Been meaning to leave H2O but will miss certain features. But not supporting Google Voice with conditional call forward was real reason I wanted to leave.

If anyone has an AT&T SIM and can confirm everything is supported, I'd pick this phone up in near future.

sequoia464

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
It will work with AT&T SIM. The phones are unlocked.

My biggest question, like you, does MMS, more specifically, incoming MMS? The consensus is unclear.

I ported my number out of H2O and to Net10. I want to get this phone but I bought the 928 a few weeks before release. The only carrier I personally tested that everything works, MMS, SMS, Data is on Net10. I wanted to go to AT&T but couldn't get a solid answer if MMS does work. It might be a show stopper to some but for me I just ported. Been meaning to leave H2O but will miss certain features. But not supporting Google Voice with conditional call forward was real reason I wanted to leave.

If anyone has an AT&T SIM and can confirm everything is supported, I'd pick this phone up in near future.

I'm curious about this also ...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786