Can You push PC people App contacts to Phone?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have been a windows user since 3.2 also worked in technical support so I'm guessing the answer will be an easy one I've overlooked. Running Windows 10 using Windows Phone 8.1 Nokia Lumia 635. People app on phone will send updates of new contacts to PC but PC will not send contact updates to phone.
I have searched for a sync option or setting on PC and phone no luck. What am I missing?

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I have been a windows user since 3.2 also worked in technical support so I'm guessing the answer will be an easy one I've overlooked. Running Windows 10 using Windows Phone 8.1 Nokia Lumia 635. People app on phone will send updates of new contacts to PC but PC will not send contact updates to phone.
I have searched for a sync option or setting on PC and phone no luck. What am I missing?

If you have synced you contacts on your MICROSOFT(outlook , hotmail , live ) email.
Then use your W8.1m Lumia account on w10 People app to completely sync your contacts on your PC.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Contacts live on the server, so they don't 'sync' in the same way other things do. Should just be there. MS recently mucked about with their Outlook servers, so if you use their exchange servers rather than your own you could see issues. Try removing the account and adding it again. I had to do that with Outlook 2013.

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
Since updates are going one way, you are using same Microsoft account for both pc and phone. No option to sync, does so Automatically over the air. If you check your people in the outlook.com, that should be same as phone and pc. If not, check for data difference. Maybe the pc is not sendingupdates to outlook.com i have noticed laggs at times with my account syncing slowly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon