Canadians! Who's got their 950 XL?

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I guess it was silly of me to expect that a dual sim phone would just work with any two sims in any configuration. I guess it's more complicated than I thought.
First dual sim phone for me too. I'm just surprised that no other carrier in Canada has 2G/EDGE coverage other than Rogers. I assumed when a service can provide 4G, they must be backward compatible with 3G and 2G. Guess not.

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Odd I tried my Rogers and wind the same time, it worked fine on both sim. And if I put both Rogers sim, it worked fine too.

EDITED @10:55 : so the thing is the phone only can use one sim for 3g/4g connect at a time, since Rogers is the only Canadian carrier (nationwide) has 2G GSM/Edge network, dual sim for Rogers will work. But not for other carrier. So to be able to use your wind sim, you have to set "use this SIM for cellular data" to Wind to be able to use that sim, so is the TELUS sim too. So, you could try to see if you can setup in smart dual sim setting to make the phone calls automatically transfer to the other sim.
This is really not good, I was against the dual sim version releasing in Canada from beginning. Now I was proved right that the dual sim version almost useless and not benifit at all.

seems the setup is mainly for switching between two networks, rather than simultaneously, at least in Canada. but it was still good for me, since I no longer carry two phones at work. I finally got rid of the work iPhone 6. cant stand iphones.

Read a post from European saying that many people over there use data plan separate from their cell, since it's much cheaper that way there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria