cant get back to build 14393.5

Jon Barros

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, just looking for some suggestions before I go ahead and refresh my pc. I was on build 14393.3 for a couple of days before I started getting a error message whenever i restarted my computer. It was the blue screen with the frowny face that said a critical process died. I rolled back to 14393 and everything has been fine, except I cant get the update to get back to 14393.3 or the new 14393.5 build. Everytime i check for an update it says my device is up to date. I would just stay on the build im on now, but edge wont let me uninstall adblock plus which isnt working. I tried installing ad block but even that is failing. I tried stopping windows update and changing the software distribution folder to force the update but that hasnt worked. The troubleshooter said it fixed a few things with windows update, but that didnt help either. Im just wondering if there is anything else to try before doing a clean install.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, just looking for some suggestions before I go ahead and refresh my pc. I was on build 14393.3 for a couple of days before I started getting a error message whenever i restarted my computer. It was the blue screen with the frowny face that said a critical process died. I rolled back to 14393 and everything has been fine, except I cant get the update to get back to 14393.3 or the new 14393.5 build. Everytime i check for an update it says my device is up to date. I would just stay on the build im on now, but edge wont let me uninstall adblock plus which isnt working. I tried installing ad block but even that is failing. I tried stopping windows update and changing the software distribution folder to force the update but that hasnt worked. The troubleshooter said it fixed a few things with windows update, but that didnt help either. Im just wondering if there is anything else to try before doing a clean install.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

give it time, maybe a day and check for updates again - if it does fail, then do a reset

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria