Can't login to Paypal

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I couldn't with the previous version, and I still can't with the present one.
I'm sure the user info is right, because I just logged in on my PC.
And I'm not able to do so on my L1520 with WP8.1 DP.
I just get an error saying there was an error processing my request, and that I should review the data and try again.
Anyone has this issue, please help me, I'm goin' nutz!

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Also a problem with DI.FM.
I just can't get the app to work anymore, it just says the app can't connect and I should check for updates and/or my connection.

6029KingStephen

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
You need to remove two factor authorisation on the website before the new app will login, then login with your email and password. It will work then. It's a bug.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Umm..can you help me do that?
Can't seem to find it. I feel like it's under "Security Center" but when I click on that link it shows me a 404 page "Oops, the page doesn't exist".

I also have to mention that I don't have a credit card linked to my account. Don't know if that changes anything, I hope it doesn't.
If you ask why I want to log in if I can't do anything - it's because I want to. Also I'll add a card soonish, so it's better if I get this problem solved now than wait till it becomes a bigger problem.

6029KingStephen

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Sure, try this:

Under "Profile" on your home page, choose "My Account Settings". There's an item there for "Security Key", and you need to choose "Update". Choose the item that is showing as "Active" and then hit the "Deactivate" button. Follow that process through, and you should now be able to login on the mobile app with your email address and password.

There seems to be a bug in the app that makes login fail when you have two factor authentication set up, so now you have a choice - leave it unset, which makes your account a lot less secure, or activate it again and wait for them to fix the bug in the app. I have reactivated mine and will stick to using PayPal on my PC till they get it sorted out.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry but I lost you at the start. There's no "My Account Settings" under profile.
capture.png

I've checked all the tabs on the left (you get there when you click on Profile), and there's no setting mentioning a Security Key.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99