Can't upate to Windows 10 Mobile build 10149 on Lumia Icon running build 10080

Gregory Whatley

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
I've been trying all week to update my Lumia Icon (running build 10080) to the newest build (10149), but Phone Update keeps reporting that my device is up-to-date (obviously, it is not). I skipped build 10136 because I didn't want to revert back to Windows Phone 8.1, hoping to update directly when the next build is released, but again, Phone Update says the device is up-to-date. Has anyone else seen this? Is there a workaround? I want to avoid reverting back to 8.1 if at all possible (I will do that if it is the only choice I have).

Thanks

Gregory Whatley

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
Go into the windows insider app and make certain that you are setup for the fast ring.

I've done that several times. This is strange because my Lumia 1520 is downloading the update now, and my Lumia 635 is already running it. Each phone is connected to the same network.

Lost_Cosmonaut

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I was having the same problem, I believe I was on 10136, but every time I went to Update, it said I had the latest version. Played with the Insider app, made sure everything was signed in, soft reset and hard reset several times, no go. Finally plugged it in to my computer and rolled back to 8.1 and tried again and it worked, now I'm on 10149 and it's way way way better.

I know it's not the easiest solution, but it seems like rolling back to 8.1 and trying again kickstarts it and makes it work.

Charles Brown8

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
I was having the same problem, I believe I was on 10136, but every time I went to Update, it said I had the latest version. Played with the Insider app, made sure everything was signed in, soft reset and hard reset several times, no go. Finally plugged it in to my computer and rolled back to 8.1 and tried again and it worked, now I'm on 10149 and it's way way way better.

I know it's not the easiest solution, but it seems like rolling back to 8.1 and trying again kickstarts it and makes it work.

Same here I was stuck with 080 qued for download and had to roll back to 8.1 then re-enroll in fast ring to get 149. No problems just time consuming. Luck with it hehe.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss