Carry apps, settings & account over to new account?

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I came back to Windows Phone (was a WP 7 user before) and when I got my 640XL I used my gmail account to activate and run the phone but now I'm waiting for my Lumia 950XL to arrive which I ordered through my old Hotmail Windows account and I would like to activate and run thru my original WP Hotmail account, is there a way I can save all the apps, setting and such from my present 640XL which is using my gmail account over to my hotmail account???
Sure nice to be back with WP :)

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I believe @RumoredNow has a great tutorial on how to change your Microsoft account without resetting your device. It used to be in his sig, but since they are gone, going to try to find it somewhere.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Of course I have to throw a curveball, on my phone my Gmail account is my Microsoft Account, reason being when I set up my Surface Pro 3 almost a year ago I used my Gmail account in setup, pretty much why I did it on my phone when I bought it a month ago. i did make my Hotmail account my primary alias on my tablet but seems on my phone I cannot change the Microsoft account, Microsoft is not a choice anymore under add account and when I go to my phones Microsoft account settings my Gmail address is grayed out.

EDIT; I just looked at my account and it still has my Samsung Focus listed, cool lol..
I think I'm just going to keep things the same and when I get my 950XL I will activate it with my Hotmail account and forget anything on my 640XL, I haven't purchased and apps yet and actually purchased my 950XL through my Hotmail account.. Only thing I really wanted to save was my texts and call history... Just have to find how to make sure all my contacts/phone numbers & email addresses get transferred over to my Hotmail account.

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
When you change it off Gmail, it makes that change across all devices. Anything using the Gmail will follow to the Hotmail.

Your SP3 will change to Hotmail as well and still retain all App and services ownership.

I wrote about phones, but also changed my desktop products over with the same action. I never missed a beat.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria