Cases for the Icon

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertino23

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I've got the Amzer Pudding TPU case on my icon. Looks sleek, in combination with my black phone. Grip is great, but it feels a little loose around the phone, like there's extra space. For the $5 I got it for during a Daily Deal on WPC, it was well worth it.

I had the Otterbox Defender case for a while, but it was WAY too bulky and in my opinion, looked ugly.

NancyAnnL

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
YouTube has video reviews for a selection of cases from several manufacturers for the Lumia Icon. Just go to YouTube and search on "Lumia Icon Cases".

Last edited:

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I've got the Amzer Pudding TPU case on my icon. Looks sleek, in combination with my black phone. Grip is great, but it feels a little loose around the phone, like there's extra space. For the $5 I got it for during a Daily Deal on WPC, it was well worth it.

I had the Otterbox Defender case for a while, but it was WAY too bulky and in my opinion, looked ugly.

I too got the Amzer Pudding TPU case for the Icon when it was $5. Best case I have ever purchased! Cheap, snug, very slim, sturdy feeling, prevents the screen from laying flat, and feels like it can protect from standard drops and falls. This series will definitely be the first I look for whenever I get a new phone.

drufranco

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I got tired of the cases (nothing new) and now I am just using this below. Yeah if I drop it I am probably SOL but oh well, I like the look and feel of it minus the outside edge pieces. I may take those off at some point since the corners collect lint and junk from your pockets (not terrible yet but could be if you wear super tight jeans / pants). Front and back piece is solid though. Follow the detailed directions for applying and you should be good to go.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2802026

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Time to bump an old thread. I'm looking for a specific type of case but so far have failed. I have a dualpro but it covers up the chassis and it'd be nice to be able to see it sometimes while keeping it safe, or change up the case with multiple colors and the dual pro is too expensive for that. The best case I ever had was the official Lumia 920 case that looked like this:

3bLnrWC.jpg

*Decent protection all around. but I hate bulk like the otterboxes
*Cut out buttons
*Fit snugly and perfectly
*Multiple colors would be nice, or just perfectly clear. Not frosted.

With one change being I don't want anything between the flash and the camera lens because I'm tired of getting colored flash glare from some cases. Is there such a case for the Icon/930?

This anoke case is close but no button cutouts, is frosted though looks not too bad, and has a tiny strip between flash/lens. May not cause issue, I'm just tired of testing cases to see if they do or don't, etc.

Amazon.com: Nokia Lumia 929 930 Nokia Lumia Icon (purple) case AnoKe@ (Inbuilt Dust Plug for Earphone Jack and Charging Port) Slim Fit Semitransparent TPU Frosted Soft Phone Cover Case (Koppu Purple): Cell Phones & Accessories

DanaOira

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
This anoke case is close but no button cutouts, is frosted though looks not too bad, and has a tiny strip between flash/lens. May not cause issue, I'm just tired of testing cases to see if they do or don't, etc.

Amazon.com: Nokia Lumia 929 930 Nokia Lumia Icon (purple) case AnoKe@ (Inbuilt Dust Plug for Earphone Jack and Charging Port) Slim Fit Semitransparent TPU Frosted Soft Phone Cover Case (Koppu Purple): Cell Phones & Accessories

I just got that Anoke/Kuppo case in frosted clear! My Icon is resting since I'm waiting for my ArmorSuit to finish drying, but I can post up pics tomorrow on it. :)

Here is my Amazon review of that case that I wrote today:
Amazon.com: Dana Oira's review of Nokia Lumia 929 930 Nokia Lumia Icon (clear) case AnoKe@ (Inbuilt Dust Plug for Earphone Jack and Charging Port) Slim Fit Semitransparent TPU Frosted Soft Phone Cover Case (Koppu Clear) (Wireless Phone Accessory)

I'll be updating it tomorrow!

I also ordered a few cases from PhoneNatic. They're similar to the Anoke/Kuppo case, but I haven't gotten them yet, so hopefully they come next week. (The vendor is in Germany.) I got a frosted/clear one and a matte one.

The matte colors might be more what you're looking for:
Amazon.com: phonenatic lumia icon matt: Electronics

Hope this helps! :D

muness

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I got the Nilkin 930 case and it fits fine. It's a lot like the feather case I used to have but with a textured back and more precisely cut holes.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Some 930 cases. Not 100% sure the Icon and 930 have the exact same build, but I'm 99% sure they are.

Externally they are identical (except for choice of colors, the 930 has more colors to choose from) so a 930 case will work on an Icon and vice versa. Great job finding all of these. Thanks! :)

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Random update:

Bought the Incipio Feather for my Icon. Used the Feather for my Trophy, my 928 (eventually replaced after beating it to hell, but it held up well, honestly) and then bought it for the Icon.

Noticed three out four corners developing stress cracks within two or three months of purchase. Filed a warranty claim and got it replaced in December -- the new one is already cracking.

Probably look at one of these cheap TPU versions. (And yes, an official Nokia style bump case should be mandatory with new phone designs!)

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Random update:

Bought the Incipio Feather for my Icon. Used the Feather for my Trophy, my 928 (eventually replaced after beating it to hell, but it held up well, honestly) and then bought it for the Icon.

Noticed three out four corners developing stress cracks within two or three months of purchase. Filed a warranty claim and got it replaced in December -- the new one is already cracking.

Probably look at one of these cheap TPU versions. (And yes, an official Nokia style bump case should be mandatory with new phone designs!)

I have an Incipio Feather too. After reading this, I took a look mine. No stress cracks, but there are nicks on all four corners from when I dropped my phone. So far, I haven't had any problems and it's done a good job of protecting my phone. It's even protected the screen when the phone has landed face down.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I have an Incipio Feather too. After reading this, I took a look mine. No stress cracks, but there are nicks on all four corners from when I dropped my phone. So far, I haven't had any problems and it's done a good job of protecting my phone. It's even protected the screen when the phone has landed face down.

Yeah, I've never had problems before with them, but definitely won't be trying a third...

Dunno if it's the design (seems a little more cut back in corners than the other models I've had) or material, maybe just a slight deficiency in some batches at the factory.

Bummed because I really like the design basically -- good enough protection but barely there feeling.

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I got the Incipio DualPro - came in yesterday's mail. As soon as I popped the outer shell on, I felt much more comfortable handling my phone. It's a pretty lil phone, but it's slippery as hell. Now I don't feel like I'm taking a huge risk every time I pick the phone up.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site

BTW here is a pic I just took of the second case and the kind of crack they are developing (and jeez, this one has three cracks already wtf!):

af7d561f661d3084c4d6dc6e4ece308f.jpg

Jon Hemphill

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
My first case for my Icon was the Yesoo "Sexy Ultra Slim Fit" case. At first I was pleased with the case as it protected the phone and showed off the white and aluminum. But over time the case would be come ...discolored. I tried washing it, but the color was never the same. Here's a picture of the Yesoo case taken from Amazon:

517NB2S0wRL._SX522_.jpg

So I went out and started to look for another case. This time I didn't care about showing off the while and aluminum, I wanted something that would hopefully protect the Icon for quite awhile. I'm not sure how I came across it, but I finally decided on getting the Trident Cyclops case (white). It's got flaps to protect the USB and headphone ports, and feels quite rugged. The only thing I don't like is that it has a built-in screen protector and there's an opening where the front-facing speaker and the front camera is located, and can be prone (at least to me) to having lint and such trapped around that area. Here's a picture of the Trident Cyclops from their website:

5622459e-8364-4951-bb3b-cd7401b6ce12-raw.png

Last edited:

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
BTW here is a pic I just took of the second case and the kind of crack they are developing (and jeez, this one has three cracks already wtf!):

Like I said after your previous, I checked mine out and although I have nicks and scratches on the corners. I don't have any cracks. Bad lot maybe? I don't know. I do know that ALL of the damage to my case is from dropping my phone. lol

jazz70

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Random update:

I had the same problems with mine, one of the corners actually just broke off after about 3-4 months of use

I got a replacement and it was fine for awhile till I noticed cracks developing again on the corners after a month or so, in my case it seems when I take the phone out of my front pocket the corners seem to catch sometimes and that is what may be leading the corners cracking/breaking

It's too bad because I really liked the feather case but I had to move on after the problems and now use a soft TPU case, I may pick up one of these because I prefer hard shell cases that don't add a lot of bulk to the phone and the price seems right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCC