Change Cortana's default "Quicknote" location

Kryzzly

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Is there any way I can change Cortana's Quicknote location? Cortana's notes are placed in a Notebook called "Personal" - Phone. However, I cannot find this notebook on my OneDrive or OneNote locations. I'd like Cortana to save my notes in a notebook where I keep all my other reminders. Is this possible?

ThEdge304

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Open the OneNote app on your phone. Tap on the Notebook where you want to store your reminders. Finally, tap and hold on the tab where you want your notes to go. You should see options for Sync, View Sync Status, and Set as Default. Select "Set as Default", and Cortana will place all of your notes as a page in this tab. The icon next to this tab will change to look like several notes stacked on top of each other.

Kryzzly

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Awesome! That worked perfectly! Thanks!

I seem to have created a new issue though. Since I changed notebooks, I don't want OneNote to open the default Notebook I set when first using the OneNote app on my phone. No matter what the app will always open to this old Notebook, even when I delete it.

I remember when I fist used the app that it asked me to copy + paste the Notebook link from Onedrive. Is there a way I can do that again with a different Notebook? Doesn't look like I can reinstall OneNote on my phone.

ThEdge304

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
OneNote should open in the last place where you closed the app... It sounds like it's either stuck or you have your "old" notebook pinned to your start screen. Either way, you can solve it by pinning a shortcut to your desired note to your start screen.

In OneNote, tap the top back arrow " < " until you reach the "Notebooks" section. To get rid of your old Notebook, tap and hold on the notebook name. Select "Close notebook" to get rid of it.

To set a new "default" page to open (different from the Cortana default that we set earlier)... Tap the notebook that you want to open... Go into the tab that you want to open... and then tap and hold on the page that you want to open by default. Select "Pin to Start" and use this shortcut to launch OneNote in the page that you want every time.

Kryzzly

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Thanks that helped. I had to recreate a notebook with the same name as my old notebook. Now OneNote opens instead of giving me a "cannot find" error. I've pinned the pages I want thanks to your help, but do you know if there's a way to change the default Notebook OneNote opens to?

ThEdge304

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
If you restart your phone using the phone button (soft reset) and launch OneNote through the Apps List, it should open in the Notebooks section, allowing you to choose a notebook to view. From there on, OneNote should always open in the last view where you left the app. There is currently no way to set a default. The only way to kind of doing it is simply pinning pages, as you've already done.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss