Changed digitizer screen on Lumia 635 but touchscreen not operational. How can I fix it?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Changed digitizer screen on lumia 635 but touchscreen not operational.

Changed digitizer screen on lumia 635 but touchscreen not operational, tried hard resetting but obviously can't complete as can't answer start up questions without touch working. Spent hours researching suggested software fault etc etc, or searches suggesting microsoft preventing non genuine parts being blocked but got no where. Eventually tried the new screen in lumia 630 and it works straight away, and the original screen from 630 doesn't work in 635 either! Just seems strange that 630 will work with any new screen/digitizer but 635 wont, no visible damage to the 635 pins etc and display visually working fine.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: Changed digitizer screen on lumia 635 but touchscreen not operational.

Some devices need 'telling' that new screen / digitiser has been fitted. I had this with a 535, and had to dead flash it using the Nokia Recovery for retail software. OEM is usually the way to go as third party hardware can cause issues, although you say it works in a 630. I'm not sure if the 635 uses different hardware as there is more than one version of them.

I would try and find the Nokia Recovery retail software and try through that. It is out there, but make sure it's from a reliable source.

Why not join the site and have access to information and potential resolutions to your problem.

Best of luck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05