Charging my lumia

Josh Lubin

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
When my 920 completely dies, it takes about 20 minutes while its plugged in before it turns back on... Also, the battery discharges when I use the device when its plugged it. Does this happen to anyone?!

xeron72548

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Yes it does. In response to the first part of your question: The phone has to reach a certain battery level before it can turn back on and it takes about 20 minutes to get to that level. In response to part 2: Try using the charger that came with your phone. Other chargers do not provide the right amount of voltage(?) that the stock Nokia charger does.

markfive

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
It's not uncommon for the 920 to take a few minutes to power on from a completely discharged state. And certainly the battery shouldn't discharge if you use the phone whilst it's plugged in.
What are you using to charge the phone?

Josh Lubin

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Yes. Stock charger and cable. I don't know why. Ill check my battery while its plugged in and it'll go down to 90% from 100% as I'm using it in the mornings

ttxzee

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
the phone requires quite a bit energy to turn on. since the power adapter can't provide enough amps to power through the start up the phone needs to charge the battery a bit so it has enough power to turn on.

anon(5503495)

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Happens with mine too, especially if playing a game and having it charging. And using navigation in my car, it also drains while connected to stock USB.

Josh Lubin

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
First people would say to let it drain but now everyone is saying not to let it drain. Gaah haha I love my phones too I hope its not an issue cuz I can't exchange mine. I work for Microsoft I've already gone through 3 different phones

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I have for a long time with my smartphones keeping a car charger in the car as well as wall charger at the office and a travel charger or usb cable for home and another for travel. I also have a usb wall charger with 4 ports 2 for me and two for my wife's ipad and iphone with higher amps

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
First people would say to let it drain but now everyone is saying not to let it drain. Gaah haha I love my phones too I hope its not an issue cuz I can't exchange mine. I work for Microsoft I've already gone through 3 different phones

If you keep letting your battery discharge all the way down, you are going to significantly shorten the life of it.
That is correct.

Similar to a mechanical device that wears out faster with heavy use, so also does the depth of discharge (DoD) determine the cycle count. The shorter the discharge (low DoD), the longer the battery will last. If at all possible, avoid full discharges and charge the battery more often between uses. Partial discharge on Li-ion is fine; there is no memory and the battery does not need periodic full discharge cycles to prolong life, other than to calibrate the fuel gauge on a smart battery once in a while.
Source: How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries - Battery University

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Usher2hell