Claiming OneDrive and Office 365 offers on new sim-free phone

rj89

Jul 25, 2016
Visit site
Hi there, new to the forum so hopefully I'm paying topic the right place. Been a WP7 user for 4 years (Lumia 710) and now finally upgraded to a Lumia 640 LTE.

I was happy with my tariff so bought the new phone on sim-free from Carphone Warehouse to whack my existing sim card in. I'd read about two offers for new users - 30gb OneDrive upgrade for photo backup and Office 365 for a year. I'm sure when I was researching the phone I found someone post a link where you can claim these offers if you're in my position and buying sim-free, rather than getting the phone on contract. Does anyone know where I need to go to claim these offers?

I dont want to start using Office on the phone until I've sorted this in case it mucks up the offer, so any help would be great.

In case needed, I've updated the phone to WM10.

Thanks in advance

Rob

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
You can claim Office subscription via Office gift app which is (sadly) available only in Windows Phone 8.1 store. I bought Lumia 640 XL a few months ago and I'm in the same situation as you are (upraded to Windows 10 Mobile, also an insider). So sadly we can only get that subscription by downgrading to 8.1 and installing the app from the store.

EDIT: here's the link if you need it How to claim your free Office 365 subscription with the Lumia 640 and 640 XL | Windows Central

EDIT: Just checked the app description. I think the offer was only valid for devices sold from April to June 2015.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
If I'm not mistaken, you have to download the Lumia Offers app in order to claim those. There was a promo last year for Office 365 but I'm not sure if it is still on. I'm also not sure if the photo one is still on. The app would be your best bet.

rj89

Jul 25, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for speedy replies all - I think I must have got confused by the two similar offers - last year's for 640s and this year's for 950s. That's a shame! I tried the Lumia Offers app and there were no offers at this time - though useful to know where I need to look in future, cheers.

Slightly off topic but related - I think I got an email a while back about OneDrive reducing the default amount of storage given - if your drive is already full, do you stand to lose access to files etc?

aybarrap1

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for speedy replies all - I think I must have got confused by the two similar offers - last year's for 640s and this year's for 950s. That's a shame! I tried the Lumia Offers app and there were no offers at this time - though useful to know where I need to look in future, cheers.

Slightly off topic but related - I think I got an email a while back about OneDrive reducing the default amount of storage given - if your drive is already full, do you stand to lose access to files etc?
If you were reduced, I think they are giving some survivors time to move files off. However, they sent me an email which I had to go to a link in order to keep the 30gb of space.

rj89

Jul 25, 2016
Visit site
Thanks - least they've given you that. I understand MS are probably looking at how they can sustain the service, but can't help but think it's a bit of a crappy move - all those people they invited based on the camera roll uploads getting 15gb free, then taking it away a year later.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium