CNET "These 6 tablets are the best right now"

Just_Me

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Someone mentioned in comments that Apple uses a black-list of media. Interesting read.
How Apple's 'Blacklist' Manipulates the Press | Cult of Mac

Is that why CNET reviews rarely mention windows tablets/phones? When they do, the info is often out dated and even wrong.

I think this piece needs to get more publicity. It makes a lot of sense as to why most tech sites kiss Apple's *** so much. However, I've been seeing reaction to that piece here and there and most Apple fans are quite upset and trying to sweep it under a rug.

Ravynmagi

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
They have the iPad Mini, iPad Air, Nexus 7, Fire HDX 8.9, Fire HDX 7, Galaxy Note 10.1 2014, and Nook HD+. I don't really think it's a bad list. Though I really think both iPads and both Fire HDX tablets should lumped together since it's mostly just a screen size difference.

iPads get the top billing because of the iOS app ecosystem. It's still the best and for most people it's the apps that matter.

Nexus 7 is the best 7 inch tablet.

I'd swap the Fire HDX 7 and 8.9. I'd put the 7 inch in 4th spot because Amazon is charging a $150 premium for just a larger screen. Amazon has a great ecosystem of apps and content.

I'm not a Samsung fan (hate Touchwiz), but the Note 10.1 has a nice pen and digitizer that make it worthy of the list.

And the Nook HD+ is still a great deal, getting a 9 inch tablet with full HD screen for only $150. It's held back quite a bit by the TI OMAP4, but it has Google Play and a micro SD slot.

It's hard to bump any of these out of the top 6 for a Windows tablet. I think I might put the Dell Venue 8 Pro at number 7. If the digitizer was better and/or it had an HDMI port I could bump it into the top 6.

Surface Pro 2 is nice, but it's expensive and bulky, so it's hard to put it near that top 6.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo