College Bound Girl - Best Laptop to last 4 years?

MrGecko

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
A friend of mine at work asked me what would be the best laptop for his daughter starting college. He is going to buy one for her but the computer needs to last 4 years and do all she needs it to do to finish college. She has an iPhone and is requesting an Macbook Pro. I, being a Microsoft ******, suggested the Surface Book 2 with the MS Office Suite with OneDrive. I did think about the Surface Pro 6 but I don't think the keyboard will be great for typing papers.

I realize that this is a Microsoft Friendly zone, but I would like to hear some good arguments for both to make a reasonable decision.

What are your thoughts and or experiences? What computer should my friend get for his daughter?

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
The SB2 is great, but it's also a couple years old and there seems to be an issue with every Windows 10 feature update. For 1903, it's the dedicated GPU disappearing and you'll definitely want one with a dedicated GPU if you're looking for it to last 4 years. A safer option would be something like the latest-and-greatest Dell XPS or HP Spectre X360. Better overall value, too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes