Compass not working since fitting replacement screen

alphonsohall

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I broke my screen and fitted a replacement screen and digitizer as a complete unit supplied by 'Verydeal' on Amazon.
Since fitting the screen I have noticed that my compass does not work, when I activate City lens I get the message 'your phone doesnt detect motion' and other apps that use the compass also do not work due to reporting no compass......(the motion detector is still working as when I view pics the pic changes from portrait to landscape when I rotate the phone) I have tried a soft reset but no difference, I also noticed that the camera button is now super sensitive and activates the camera app at the slightest touch and the 1st button position takes a photo instead of only focussing..... I dont know if the two faults are related.

Any ideas please?

bill2455

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
You may have a faulty replacement screen/digitizer. Reinstall your old screen (if you can) and see if your phone works normally.

Here's my recent experience: I also just replaced my 920's screen and digitizer. After the install, the camera button would not work and the screen would freeze. I reinstalled the old screen (had only one long crack) and everything worked. Concluded that the new screen was faulty and obtained a replacement from the e-Bay seller, gadgetfix. The new screen totally worked.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem, my compass doesn't work. But I have no idea way.

Didn't have a screen replacement.

alphonsohall

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
You may have a faulty replacement screen/digitizer. Reinstall your old screen (if you can) and see if your phone works normally. .

Spot on bill2455!........Just refitted my old cracked screen and compass and camera button now work correctly. Cheers. (-:

Does anyone know of a UK supplier for a known good screen?

Thanks

KrSatyam04

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Hey! Did you guys change the digitizer by yourself?
Is it a easy task? I mean, isn't there a risk in changing it ourself?
I too, have a 720 with cracked screen using since 2 months now. What is the best solution? Nokia Care( demanding ? the price of phone), outside service or ourselves?

bill2455

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I changed it myself with the help of a youtube video by LE55ONS. It looks like he has a similar video for the 720.

The 920 screen/digitizer change was not too difficult. The first time took me about 90 minutes because I was very careful. I swapped the old and new screens a few times to determine that my first new screen had a problem so by the time I did the final replacement, it took me only about 15 minutes.

Depending on your phone's age and battery performance, you may want to think about changing the battery at the same time you replace the screen. I had replaced my 920's battery a few months prior and was pretty happy with the improved battery performance. Although, I need to monitor it for more time, I also think I'm getting even better battery life with the new screen/digitizer combo installed. Wonder if anyone else has noticed that?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb