Consistent (10+/day) insta-crashes along with IRQL BSODs

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hello! First time poster here (thankfully, since this is my first time hitting a problem I can't solve)...here's hoping someone here can help me out.

I did a new PC build recently (AMD 5900, ROG Dark Hero VIII, TEAMGROUP T-Force Xtreem 3600MHz CL14 32GB) and it ran like a champ for the first ~3 weeks. However, during the 3rd week it insta-crashed a couple times (didn't even go to BSOD) and rebooted all on its own. Took like 3-5 seconds each time. I didn't think much of it.

However, during the last week, the crashes became much more frequent. And then starting yesterday they began going to BSOD. Which I was glad of, since before it didn’t even hit BSOD and I had no clue where to start in my problem solving. Now, I’m also seeing programs randomly close occasionally. E.g. Chrome shut down four times in 10min as I was writing this (thankfully in Google Docs since I knew it might - it only had ~7 tabs open).

I tried WinDbg but haven’t the faintest idea how to read the analysis. Nothing seemed obvious other than a line that said “If a kernel debugger is available get the stack backtrace.”

Since it was a new build my first thought was a possible CPU/PSU/MB issue, but I’m not sure. CPU temps are incredibly stable (hovering 35-45 almost always). I’m a software developer, but haven’t done anything very crazy (the most I can think of is I installed Docker desktop 🤷 - but I’m pretty sure the crashes started before then).

Any suggestions on where to start or what might be the issue?

All help is appreciated.

Windows 10 19043.1237
MEMORY.DMP: the forum won't let me share a link - maybe I can add as a comment?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar