Contact Nokia regarding 1520 noise low ligh videos

Mark Reed2

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi
Ok its early days yet and I have another thread where I was asking about noise in low light videos that the 1520 takes.
Now having watched videos, seen reviews, and now people who own the phone, it is clear that the noise is not right, yes there will be some but not to the extent captured with this new high end phone.
So....what now? well we could wait and hope its a case of rushed software and a fix is on the way.....but is there? the best idea would be for the owners to contact Nokia and question why there is so much noise and do they plan to help ease the issue, I myself will try live chat tomorrow as in the UK I cannot find a direct email for them.
Well I hope a few of us can contact them and see what reply we get. Thanks

PS
Yes I missed a t in light (thread name) was in a rush :)

Sample of videos showing issue
Nokia Lumia 1520 Low Light Sample Video - YouTube

Nokia Lumia 1520 Night Sample Video - YouTube

Nokia Lumia 1520 Indoor Sample Video - YouTube

Nokia Lumia 1520 Night Sample Video - YouTube

Same as above but with a Note 3

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Night Sample Video - YouTube

And again with a HTC Max

HTC One Max Night Sample Video - YouTube

Mark Reed2

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Well I gave it a try, will be shocked if they admit the issue, but rather a company came clean and said its not right...but fix on way, its worse when they just dont say anything.

Mark Reed2

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
They said they could not view the videos, but asked me to hold the power button for 10secs? soft reset? but its a software issue, it needs optimised. The HTC one was the other way, low light was great but because it let so much light in the day/sun shots were over exposed and stuff glowed lol

Mark Reed2

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Just seeing if anyone has got in touch with Nokia about the poor low light videos....the noise! the more that do then the faster they will look into it. Thanks

Ian Hanson

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
I found a very good review of this phone's camera capabilities on DP Review.com, a reputable digital photography website, where they conducted very thorough testing - definitely worth a read. From their samples, I'd say the low-light video quality is exactly what I would expect from the device. No, you're not going to be able to get no noise with horrendous lighting conditions (ie. walking around in a pitch black night with poor street lighting) but if you've got some light to work with, the sensor does an admirable job at picking it up. See for yourselves in the samples they post! [Also, this phone's sound recording is AMAZING compared to most cell phones]

Here's the review - Video: Nokia Lumia 1520 camera review: Connect

Sample 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL9qXRXe37E

Sample 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryzeL73yfro

DonJulio312

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
Low Light Videos use to be great with the Lumia. But all the updates of the camera software has caused noisy/grainy videos.

Back in May 2013 with Nokia Lumia 920, factory camera app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb