Contact syncing in people app

mbrooks78

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
I was setting up a new laptop for my aunt and realized the her google contacts would not sync with the people app. Her emails and calendar sync fine. Apparently this is an issue for many according to web searches but I wasn't able to find a fix. Has anyone here been able to fix this issue?

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I was setting up a new laptop for my aunt and realized the her google contacts would not sync with the people app. Her emails and calendar sync fine. Apparently this is an issue for many according to web searches but I wasn't able to find a fix. Has anyone here been able to fix this issue?
On laptop open "People"
Open "Settings" (far left, bottom)
Select "Filter Contact List"
Select "Check Box" for Gmail
Make sure "Hide Contacts Without Phone Numbers" is set to "OFF"

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
Lumia ICON [Win10M 14977.1000] Sportster
Even when I lose, I win.

mbrooks78

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Gmail was checked and I had the hide option already turned off. All of the people experiencing the same problem also had the setting already correctly set. The only thing that worked for some is to rename "All contacts" to "My contacts" inside of google contacts and restart some userstorage service in mmc. The latter did not work for me.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Go to her OneDrive site
Select "People" (Top, Left 9 dots in a square)
Select "Manage" from menu bar
Select "Import Contacts"
Select "Gmail"

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

mbrooks78

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Originally posted by Shamshi-Adad
Go to her OneDrive site
Select "People" (Top, Left 9 dots in a square)
Select "Manage" from menu bar
Select "Import Contacts"
Select "Gmail"

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

Thanks,

I appreciate that. The only downside is that will only give her a current contacts. If she adds them later on her phone, they will not get sync'd with people.

I did find that under manage you connect with contacts with some social apps. I added google and her google contacts are now displayed. I will call her later and see if that fixes the problem.

afraid

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem on my newly acquired Lumia 650 (Windows 10 mobile). I have been deleting and recreating the Google account on my phone about 5 times, rebooting the phone, deactivating/reactivating the contacts sync, nothing works! My email and calendar always sync perfectly, but my contact list remain empty. This is ridiculously annoying!!! :crying:

The funny thing is that the Contacts App on my Windows 10 computer works flawlessly, my contacts get downloaded from Google in that case.

mbrooks78

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Originally posted by afraid
I have the same problem on my newly acquired Lumia 650 (Windows 10 mobile). I have been deleting and recreating the Google account on my phone about 5 times, rebooting the phone, deactivating/reactivating the contacts sync, nothing works! My email and calendar always sync perfectly, but my contact list remain empty. This is ridiculously annoying!!! :crying:

The funny thing is that the Contacts App on my Windows 10 computer works flawlessly, my contacts get downloaded from Google in that case.

That is strange. Google contacts sync fine on my idol 4s. You may have to do a hard reset. What pc are build are you running?

afraid

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
Build 14393 on my PC, but the issue is on my Windows Phone (firmware 16352.50002). I did shutdown my phone many times and restarted it, it that what you call a hard reset?

mbrooks78

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Originally posted by afraid

No, a hard reset will erase everything on the phone and start fresh. Windows build will remain the same. If you back your phone up first. Everything will be reinstalled once you reset it. You will just have to log in to apps and re-authenticate.

afraid

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
Sorry about that... :straight: In my case everything went back to normal after the hard reset. My contacts were finally synchronized, however I had trouble restoring the backup of my phone afterward, but that's another story.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa