continuum broken from last updates

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
so last night I was showing my GF how continuum works on her new phone and decided to play around with it on MY PHONE but continuum seems to be broken on my phone! it was working before so I don't know which update broke it as I haven't used it for the longest time, but I did try to update to insiders *which is working so far with no troubles) latest ring and still a no go! anyone have any suggestions? and forget about hard recovery! Ill just wait for it to fix itself with maybe an update... but I cant even connect using the drop down menu or in the display settings... nothing works.

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I used Continuum flawlessly a few weeks ago when I went out of town and was able to turn my hotel HDTV into a Win 10 desktop experience.

Then the last time I tried to show the feature to someone the dang thing was freaking out like crazy.

I haven't tried it lately to see if it is fixed. I hope so.

It's a bummer how we get new features. Then they break. Then they fix. Then they break.
Rinse and repeat. LOL

gbobman

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm only popping in to say that my unit is not having issues. As a matter of fact, once they finally updated Gadgets last month, it is working more smoothly than I can remember.

But, as is the Microsoft mantra; "Have you rebooted?"

emmeborn

Elite x3 & Lumia 950XL Champion
May 27, 2013
Visit site
Having the same issue since a couple of builds back on fast ring. Really sad about this, it was nice to be able to connect to my PC in the office.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
UPDATE: so I updated to the latest insider preview (hoping it would fix it) and it STILL didn't fix continuum! I don't know why I find this so frustrating as I never use continuum, but I still would like to be able to use it if/when I want to. Does no one know how/what I can do to get this to work? c'mon where are the Lumia geniuses? is there a background app that needs to be running? like gadgets or something else? I really don't wanna hard reset the device to get this working properly...

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
WOW 604 VIEWS AND NO ONE HAS A CLUE... really?!! anyways I tried continuum with my friends Samsung dock and it seems to be working just fine... so its seems its just the wireless part that's broken... so no one has any ideas?

Black_Guard

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm only popping in to say that my unit is not having issues. As a matter of fact, once they finally updated Gadgets last month, it is working more smoothly than I can remember.

But, as is the Microsoft mantra; "Have you rebooted?"

Same for me. I am on non insider latest build.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
well it looks like I will have to live with a broken continuum as 1) I don't use it, but still would like it to work if/when I ever want to, and 2) my phone is working to well in all the other aspects.... and 3) I don't want to lose all my other stuff and go through the hassles of taking 2 hours to set it up... I was wondering if the 950xl can restore itself like on the computer where it just refreshes/restores critical components but not the whole phone... know what I mean?

emmeborn

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I will test one more fast ring build and if it still not working, I will do a hard reset and no restore to see if it works.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I will test one more fast ring build and if it still not working, I will do a hard reset and no restore to see if it works.

I wouldn't bother testing another fast ring update, I already did that and it was a no go... only way to get it back is with a hard reset...sadly

emmeborn

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't bother testing another fast ring update, I already did that and it was a no go... only way to get it back is with a hard reset...sadly

This is a strange thing that it does not work connecting to the PC but I bought a cheap USB-C to HDMI/USB3/USB-C adapter and that works perfectly when connected to my TV.
It remains to be seen if I have the time to do a hard reset, but if I do I will let you know if it solves this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wizzard