Continuum via Wireless Adaptor causing Video Lag when Streaming Films to TV

mattdodwell

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
I am hoping you can help.

I am very new to Windows Phone, Windows 10 and Continuum. I have moved from iPhone and very happy I did (hopefully, if the rumours of it being dead are false or exaggerated).

I used to stream videos via my iPhone and Chromecast, but now I've moved to W10m I have been trying the Wireless Adaptor and Continuum wirelessly, but for all my videos I have found them being jerky when playing on my TV, any ideas what could be causing this. I have downloaded films to my 950 and streamed them from there. They stream perfectly on my 950 but are jerky and judder when watching the on my TV when streamed across.

If Windows 10 Mobile, Windows Phone etc, continue with strength in whatever format I will move to the Continuum box adaptor and get a Surface and stream from my phone or surface, but that is hold until I have discovered the current issue as I don't want to invest more money just yet, I want to understand the OS better as it has been 5 years since I last used any Windows device or software.

Thanking you for any advise you can give or ideas what could cause this and any remedies.

Cheers
Matt

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I had an issue with my microsoft wireless adapter but I updated the firmware on it and it fixed it. Are you using the microsoft adapter? Get the Microsoft adapter app to update it.

There are also media apps that support miracast, maybe try those without continuum. I know there's a popular one out there just don't have it on the tip of my tongue.

mattdodwell

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
I had an issue with my microsoft wireless adapter but I updated the firmware on it and it fixed it. Are you using the microsoft adapter? Get the Microsoft adapter app to update it.

There are also media apps that support miracast, maybe try those without continuum. I know there's a popular one out there just don't have it on the tip of my tongue.

Thanks, I will get the app and update the firmware on the Microsoft Wireless Adaptor.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss