Cool trick with "Metro Wall" application

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this thread belongs in this section...

So I have been creating some cool walls with this Metro Wall app. It basically takes the album covers from your music, or pictures from your picture hub, and randomizes them into an image similar to the Zune application. The neat trick is, after it randomizes the images, if you don't like any of them, you can select them and it changes to something different. So I added a black wallpaper to my image folder, hit "refresh" in the app until I got the correct layout, and then changed to middle section(s) to the black wallpaper. Here is an example I got with pictures of my kids:

jmerrey-albums3-45.jpg

Not the best picture I know, but you get the idea. Highly recommended application!

Last edited:

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
That's really strange. I even logged out and viewed this thread and the image is there. I just edited it, maybe it will show up now :(

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Does the app automatically create a background or do you have to save and then make it your background?

It would be cool if it created a new random background every day.

RogueCode

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys!
I am the developer of this (and ffffound, if you remember the article about it).
It's really great to see people enjoying it! And to the OP, I hadn't even thought about it, but that's damn cool!
Maybe I should add this ability as an option to save some time?

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I think that would be a great option. Maybe even have the color be selectable?
Sometimes it can be difficult to read the lockscreen text with certain busier images which is what prompted me to so this.
It would certainly be more convenient than my time saver solution, which was to put about 20 black wallpapers on my phone so it would come up more often when changing images ;-)

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Did you ever decide if you were going to implement this? I sure hope so, the alternative takes too long ;-)
Hey guys!

I am the developer of this (and ffffound, if you remember the article about it).

It's really great to see people enjoying it! And to the OP, I hadn't even thought about it, but that's damn cool!

Maybe I should add this ability as an option to save some time?

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05