Cortana Goes To Lunch

indylux

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
For at least the last month or so, Cortana has been behaving a bit oddly for me on my Lumia 950xl. If I have headphones in, am listening to any audio source and a text arrives, the audio stops and..... silence. 10 seconds or even up to a minute later, Cortana comes back from her epileptic fit and says 'you got a new text message, read it, call back ir ignore...ding'. Half of the time, I reply and she says, I'm sorry, I didn't hear anything'. Then, the music only resumes about half of the time. It's clearly a Cortana issue, right?

Anybody else run into this and have a suggestion?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
For at least the last month or so, Cortana has been behaving a bit oddly for me on my Lumia 950xl. If I have headphones in, am listening to any audio source and a text arrives, the audio stops and..... silence. 10 seconds or even up to a minute later, Cortana comes back from her epileptic fit and says 'you got a new text message, read it, call back ir ignore...ding'. Half of the time, I reply and she says, I'm sorry, I didn't hear anything'. Then, the music only resumes about half of the time. It's clearly a Cortana issue, right?

Anybody else run into this and have a suggestion?

does that same happen without headphones?

mylumia730

May 2, 2016
Visit site
I think Cortana is set to read it loud mode whenever receiving a call/text for that particular accessory (i assume It's ear phone). Try to disable this. Regarding Cortana didn't hear anything, check you got mic in built on your ear phone or not? If Cortana can't hear you, then there should be a problem with mic.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos