Cortana in Bluetooth Dialer

Tiaxx

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
It activates speech recognition over car's stereo, i.e. the equivalent to holding search button on the phone.

Kentcomp

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
N00b question: is our possible to open that hypertext link from the WP app? I don't see anything that's obvious and tap and hold doesn't do anything.

marcthepunk

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I can confirm its present and she reponds when you call it. It was not showing at first because I had a filter active on my contacts list. However, I ran some tests and it didnt work that well. I kept getting a Network Error message on my A3 console when I send a command. I'm still trying to understand how they're implementing this function. Its a loop call back, so the phone is in call mode, no?

Jeff_Kelley

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
The car sends a command to the phone over Bluetooth to dial Cortana's phone number (5555559876). The phone sees that request and instead of asking the cellular network to make that call, the phone activates Cortana. Then Cortana opens an audio connection to the car so that the user can talk to Cortana using the car's microphone, and hear Cortana on the car speakers. There is no call made on the cellular network.

marcthepunk

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Got it. In fact under the advance settings of Bluetooth on wp, theres an option to use an alternate Bluetooth audio connection. After checking this, Cortana sings in the car without errors. I have been sending texts and playing with all the voice commands like a kid heading back from work yesterday.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)