cortana missing that ' music symbol ' on the right top

Limun2904

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Just to let you know, I had the symbol before I've done a hard reset (I've done it because Cortana did only Bing searches, but now its singing and everything :D , except the music recognition :( )

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I have it on my L920... but try also saying "what song is playing?" and see if that launches her music identifier.

pezman726

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering....I'm IN the US...are the people that don't have it possibly not in the US and changed region to get Cortana?

Wondering if there are other things that need to be changed as well to be US for the music to work...

ygtgngr

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I find a way! You can ask her "what song is playing?" and she will start to listen to it. That means actually we don't need that music icon for her to name the song.

Limun2904

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I found that the icon appeared after I changed the regional format to US. I had everything set to US, except this because of the date format. I had it set to Croatia, which is my home country. I also found out that it works with other regional formats eg. Germany, UK, Ireland, France, Italy, etc.

And when you ask her "what song is playing?" she'll start music recognition regardless of the regional format settings :)

I hope it helped :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss