Cortana News (Coming from the inside) (OP being updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cage Ata

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Will one of those Bug be to fix the unresponsiveness from Cortana? Recently she doesnt respond to any voice commands it just says listening then closes. She doesnt read commands if I type them in also. Please help :(

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Will one of those Bug be to fix the unresponsiveness from Cortana? Recently she doesnt respond to any voice commands it just says listening then closes. She doesnt read commands if I type them in also. Please help :(

Ok, we DO have a big open for this issue. It is a HIGH PRIORITY one. I need the following:

Device
Carrier
OS Version Number (Settings > About)

The issue is that the client isn't reading the captures audio in time. It's hard for us to look at it because of how infrequent it is, but the above information will help.

Thanks!

Georgi Ivanov3

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Talderon!!! Please, don't fool us on such important matter - jokes!! :)) I asked her like 20 times and she still tells me the old jokes. I have a friend, when asked about any topic, he always tells some really funny joke. Last time I challenged him with this topic - nanotechnology. I was impressed when he not even told a joke, but whole stories.. Is there a way that we can submit jokes and funny stuff, so we can help on improving?? Maybe you can organize it in categories, sub-categories etc. Ex: Tell me a joke about eskimos. OR Tell me a joke about blondes. I believe there are enough people that would spend time on it :) PS: The new update is great! :)

Cage Ata

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Ok, we DO have a big open for this issue. It is a HIGH PRIORITY one. I need the following:

Device
Carrier
OS Version Number (Settings > About)

The issue is that the client isn't reading the captures audio in time. It's hard for us to look at it because of how infrequent it is, but the above information will help.

Thanks!

Okay cool!

Device: L925
Carrier: Vodafone
OS Version: 8.10.12393.89

Thanks!!

Kaushik Dash

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey Talderon! Thanks for all your contributions..

I got a few questions if you are allowed to answer any of them.

First is the syncing between Windows PC, tablets, Xbox One and Phone.

Now that we know its coming to all Microsoft Platform, will there be any syncing between all these platforms? What I have as reminders, interests, places and all other stuff that Cortana as on my phone and cloud; will they also be synced with other Microsoft
platforms? That would be a great feature. Also, can I ask Cortana to do something on my windows desktop from my phone that way?

Such as I tell Cortana on my phone "Open the document I was last working on my laptop" or when I am not at home and I tell Cortana on my phone "Turn on my Xbox when I return home" or "Turn on my Xbox after 15 minutes".

Second question.

When Cortana comes to other countries in English (such as English India), will there be anyway to just let her speak in its original Jen Taylor's American accent while still gathering what she can from my location or country and also keeping my home region, speech settings, store region and keyboard setup as India?

I really like Jen Taylor's original accent.

jordanzhninja

May 4, 2014
Visit site
After the update I have bugs left right and centre. She keeps saying "I can't connect at the moment" but my WIFI is on and she can pick up what I'm saying. She seems to take longer answering queries than Cortana did at build (I was testing her using Joe's voice and questions from the keynote), and when I scroll down to see Bing results, sometimes there is a huge gap between the top of the list and the first result.

Maybe the update is not fully rolled out?

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I have the same. I think the update is still rolling out and Talderon told us that they seem to have little bit of troubles. You need to imagine that there is not that one single Cortana Server but a big network of servers which all need to be updated.

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Got the updated Cortana on my dad's US 920 but not yet on my international 820. The lines between cards and that she responds to "who is x" and "who am I/what's my name?" are the big differences. Not noticing any improvements in her voice for miscellaneous things or any new jokes. No live tile animations.

Still get this annoying bug where text and images are dim:
wp_ss_20140610_0001.png

Are there more ads in Bing searches? I didn't notice them before.

Georgi Ivanov3

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Got the updated Cortana on my dad's US 920 but not yet on my international 820. The lines between cards and that she responds to "who is x" and "who am I/what's my name?" are the big differences. Not noticing any improvements in her voice for miscellaneous things or any new jokes. No live tile animations.

View attachment 68851

You can now adjust Eat+Drink to personalize your suggestions.

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
One more thing has been added.... Now the location based reminder and the other reminders quotes the message you spoke to her to set that reminder..........

Ploydd

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Wow yeah I'd say the eat+drink changed lol.
buraseza.png
gyja6u9e.png

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

nicfromwales

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Will Cortana one day be able to track trains as well as flights? I don't know how things are in America, but in Wales we don't all fly to work. :D

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Over 24 hours straight and still going. I'll answer a few things and then I may pass out for an hour or so to keep going.

Okay cool!

Device: L925
Carrier: Vodafone
OS Version: 8.10.12393.89

Thanks!!

Will send this up. :D

Hey Talderon! Thanks for all your contributions..

I got a few questions if you are allowed to answer any of them.

Now that we know its coming to all Microsoft Platform, will there be any syncing between all these platforms? What I have as reminders, interests, places and all other stuff that Cortana as on my phone and cloud; will they also be synced with other Microsoft
platforms? That would be a great feature. Also, can I ask Cortana to do something on my windows desktop from my phone that way?

Such as I tell Cortana on my phone "Open the document I was last working on my laptop" or when I am not at home and I tell Cortana on my phone "Turn on my Xbox when I return home" or "Turn on my Xbox after 15 minutes".

Second question.

When Cortana comes to other countries in English (such as English India), will there be anyway to just let her speak in its original Jen Taylor's American accent while still gathering what she can from my location or country and also keeping my home region, speech settings, store region and keyboard setup as India?

Ok, syncing interests will be there since it is all held in your Bing Account. Those advanced voice commands, will take a bit more, but this is the direction I hope to see Cortana grow, and I am not the only one.

I am not sure what we're doing with Cortana in that regard. I'll have to see if I can get any info from the team that handles all that.

After the update I have bugs left right and centre. She keeps saying "I can't connect at the moment" but my WIFI is on and she can pick up what I'm saying. She seems to take longer answering queries than Cortana did at build (I was testing her using Joe's voice and questions from the keynote), and when I scroll down to see Bing results, sometimes there is a huge gap between the top of the list and the first result.

Maybe the update is not fully rolled out?
I have the same issues at the moment. The update should be still going on..

I have the same. I think the update is still rolling out and Talderon told us that they seem to have little bit of troubles. You need to imagine that there is not that one single Cortana Server but a big network of servers which all need to be updated.

Yeah, this is a hot button item, we're working on it. :( I wish they would just put BUGS=OFF in the configuration file.

View attachment 68851

Ads were there. :)

Will Cortana one day be able to track trains as well as flights? I don't know how things are in America, but in Wales we don't all fly to work. :D

Yes, we are looking at this for the European markets since train rising isn't all that huge here.

Kaushik Dash

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Great thanks, can you tell something about this though?

Second question.

Dreamspell

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
When will Cortana get short-term memory? For example, if I tell her to tell me a joke and then say "tell me another one" she just does a search, same with responses to her jokes like "that joke was stupid".

I would also like some two-stage riddles/jokes where she asks me a question and if I get it right she will congratulate me, or if I get it wrong she will give me the right answer.

TLDR: Short-term and long-term memory, and the ability to carry a conversation by going back and forth on a topic.

WPit

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Talderon, how about Cortana's handsfree activation? Can't find a way to do so on my honda's steeringwheel "send" and "talk" buttons. I've heard other BT handsfree devices had no problems dealing with it. Would be nice, cause before Cortana was released, I could get to my phone's songs seamlessly using the steeringwheel buttons. Now, if I once activate music thru Cortana, then I'm able to manage my songs without problems, but only after that one touch on the phone search button. Cortana speaks thru car BT system seamlessly too (Lumia 925 here). Maybe with the return of BT 4.0? My 2 cents. Cheers! Nice job!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb