cortana not working after update

Cmptr Liverpool

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone my lumia 625 updated today to the following version: 8.10.12387.895

According to ms 8.1 changelog I should have access to cortana with this version but I don't.
All my language, region, speech is set to UK.
In settings, applications there's no option for cortana. Is there anything I need to do? Or is this update I received not for cortana?

Thanks

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Your version is not Update 1.

The Update 1 is Developer Preview only. If this update was for Cyan/WP8.1 then you still don't have Cortana.

Cmptr Liverpool

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I have also just registered my phone on my dev account and says registered but no update available. I'm looking to get update 1 which I know is available

Cmptr Liverpool

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Yes I have installed the developer preview app, log in as normal and it says done.
Also connected to PC and used the developer app which says my phone is registered for developer.
But when I go to system update says no update available.

mikeycl

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Yes I have installed the developer preview app, log in as normal and it says done.
Also connected to PC and used the developer app which says my phone is registered for developer.
But when I go to system update says no update available.

Odd you sure on that build cos i made a note of the official ones that have been released to date as far as i know should be as follows

VersionBuild Number
Black/8.0 GDR 38.0.10517.150
Cyan/8.18.10.12393.890
8.1 Update8.10.14147.180

Are you checking for updates on cell or WiFi? Sometimes it is worth turning off the WiFi while checking for updates i have had occasion where my phone won't see an update until that is done. Dunno why it occurs but it does happen.

Once it finds the update then turn the WiFi back on and it'll then download and install it all for you.

mikeycl

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Yes my build is the 8.10.12397.895 which is the latest one it installed today.

Ok in order to use Cortana in the UK as i am sure you're aware you need to be on the next build which is 8.10.14147.180

I presume that when you check for updates it isn't throwing any errors just saying that "Your phone is up to date. Last checked XX hours/minutes ago."

There unfortunately isn't much more that can be tried. All i can do do is re-iterate the steps which is check PFD is enabled in the App and check for updates with WiFi on and/or off.

It may also be worth just restarting the handset (hold power button and slide off) don't do a soft reset as that doesn't save you phones present state properly and sometimes files and messages in certain apps go missing.

Failing that just keep trying it will eventually come through

Just a thought here but I wonder if maybe a new build is about to be released and the current one is now being held back. It has been a few weeks since Update 1 was pushed out and I wonder if a maintenance/bug fix build is on its way.

Cmptr Liverpool

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Thanks a lot. The update only came through today.
Also installed developer app, but for some reason I don't get the option to enable the unlock.
When logging into my developer account its now saying I need to pay ?12.
Even though the link says free.
Strange considering i have another windows phone unlocked to developer preview with the same account.
Unless its cause this phone is already windows 8.1

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks a lot. The update only came through today.
Also installed developer app, but for some reason I don't get the option to enable the unlock.
When logging into my developer account its now saying I need to pay ?12.
Even though the link says free.
Strange considering i have another windows phone unlocked to developer preview with the same account.
Unless its cause this phone is already windows 8.1

Did you check out the link I put up? I think you went about things the wrong way. There is two types of developers previews. One is free and the other isn't.

So that's probably what your issue is. I'd suggest uninstalling the DP you have, sign up for it using the info at the link I provided and then try again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05