Cortana notifications not working - how to fully reset Cortana and start all over?

JohnStrk

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I've been having issues with Cortana on my L830. I no longer get any notifications for weather, sports, or news cards. Not even package tracking. I do get travel notifications reminding me about time to leave for work and traffic, etc. The others used to work but the past two months have stopped for some reason and I'm not sure how to get them working again. I've checked all the settings.

I'm setting up a new L950 to replace my L830 and want to start everything fresh including Cortana. Should I reset and delete all Cortana data from the cloud and start all over? I also have Cortana on my desktop W10 PC. What's the best way to do this?

Thanks!

JohnStrk

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Seriously when is this going to be fixed? Cortana notifications used to work on my older L830 on Release Preview months ago. Now I'm using a new L950 on latest Release Preview AU update build, hard reset, no backup restored, cleared out everything Cortana knows about me in the cloud and my devices, started fresh with Cortana, and yet I still never get any notifications! :eck:

SurrealSonicus

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Since upgrading to AU on my L950xl I no longer get Cortana notifications for my reminders. I haven't noticed any other notifications from Cortana, but I rely on those less and haven't looked out for them.
If anyone has any advice/tips/help for me or the OP, it'd be awesome.

MBY

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I'm able to get notifications for Cortana for reminders, but I've lost the ability to send SMS through my phone using Cortana (phone never responds that it's sent) and syncing notifications doesn't work anymore. Phone and PC are both on 14393.103. I've tried signing out of Cortana on all devices and playing with whatever settings I could find but it still isn't working. So finnicky and inconsistent!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClareceKeard