Cortana on Band 2 can?t reach your Phone

Bleak Morn

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else having issues where Cortana stops responding to voice commands from your Band 2?

After a device reset, everything works fine - then after about 6 hours or so I get:

"Sorry, I couldn't reach your phone..."

...or:

"Make sure Bluetooth is on and your phone is close by"

I've contacted chat support twice on the matter and the only answer they have is to do a device reset whenever this happens (daily based on my experiences - and that of a friend having the same issue) or to get a Band 2 replacement.

Maybe if we can find a few more people experiencing this issue we can figure out a quicker work-around than a device reset and re-installing the Microsoft Health app on my phone.

Maybe the issue isn't the Band 2 - maybe the phone isn't responding to requests properly - which would be odd since all other data from the Band 2 is syncing just fine.

Bleak Morn

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
In my case it only seems to work after resetting the device and re-installing the MS Health app... and only then for about 6 hours.

It's one of the main reasons I bought the device so it really sucks that it doesn't work.

madusmacus

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I wish we had a workround for this - it worked for me ONCE when I got the band never since
Although phone->band seems to be ok apart from twitter (that's never worked)

I have had 2 bands and its the same on all
Probaly 950xl bug again

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999