Cortana updated today!!! (New animations + Live tile + more!)

Spinn

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I noticed this last night. Cortana seems to be pulling my stocks from the Finance app and my teams from the Sports app now as well.

I was surprised as the apps haven't been updated since February. This seems more like a client side update than a backend one.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia Icon using Tapatalk

hemanlive

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I think it must have been a mistake on MS's part to release it for sometime. Some of you noticed it, but I think it was not intentional from MS. It does prove though that an update to Cortana with the new features mentioned, and may be some more, is just round to corner :)

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
My Cortana lost all functionality and fun things since today. Show me my week just shows a Bing search... Hopefully it works again tomorrow.

Yea, noticed this too, never saw new animations and I use Cortana every day, at least 3-4 times a day. This morning, I use my normal thing when I miss a game, I said "What was last night's red sox score?", normally she will read the final score of the game, today, it was just a bing search... I was driving so that did not help..

Boo, didn't add more features it took away features :(

armandojv

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Cortana does not work at all. Today I woke up to ask Cortana to remind me of something. She just searched for something completely different. What is worst is that now her search results do not respond to my touch. I select any link and it just freezes and closes down. I cant access her notebook or do anything whatsoever. I don't want to reset my phone. Should I wait and see if this is a problem on bing's end?

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
MS is probably mucking about with the backend. Just wait a bit.
Yesterday was weird for me and Cortana. I took a long motorcycle ride, and when I do this I put the phone in Airplane mode to conserve battery (and just play music). When I finally got to a town that I knew had proper cell reception, I turned off Airplane mode. That's when the weirdness happened.

First off, I couldn't select any stories that matched my "Interests". I could scroll up and down, but not select anything.

Second, when I did a search she brought up the list no problem, but again I couldn't select any links. Even weirder was when I tried to scroll. Kind of hard to explain, but the text in the middle of the screen would scroll up and down, but anything on the left or right 10% of the screen stayed stationary. It was like she took a hit of acid and was all messed up.

I tried soft rebooting, hard rebooting, and pulling the battery. Nothing helped. I wasn't going to reset the phone because I was on the road. I gave up and had to resort to using Google in IE to look things up (man that wasn't fun, I forgot how much Google hates WP).

But today, all is back to normal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon