Cortana Voice Not Activating - More then one phone

Keith Inglin

May 7, 2015
Visit site
BGRND: Two Nokia Icons.. Fast Ring.

ISSUE: Cortana not working normally. This started the day of the posting. Prior to that, normal working for long-term.

INFORMATION:
I have two phones that when you access Cortana they sometime let you post the question via microphone and sometimes do not. So far you can always type an inquiry but the microphone is not stable. That I can overcome, but the major issue that the responses are not vocally delivered in addition to the text that is showing. For example if you ask her to sing a song or tell a joke, the response is displayed on the screen but she no longer speaks the answers. This extends to the Bluetooth functionality in the car as well.
In addition, one of the phones has an issue with HEY CORTANA that says that Cortana is turned off.
WHAT HAVE I TRIED TO FIX IT?
So far I have soft reset and hard reset one of the phones and mult-started them both. Suspect that the issues stem from a "English" language error as it offered some a warning of sorts about the two not matching if the change we proposed was accepted so I left it be.

Both phones have been on the fast ring for long term with no Cortana issues until today and are updated to latest build.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions on how to make this return to normal?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
BGRND: Two Nokia Icons.. Fast Ring.

ISSUE: Cortana not working normally. This started the day of the posting. Prior to that, normal working for long-term.

INFORMATION:
I have two phones that when you access Cortana they sometime let you post the question via microphone and sometimes do not. So far you can always type an inquiry but the microphone is not stable. That I can overcome, but the major issue that the responses are not vocally delivered in addition to the text that is showing. For example if you ask her to sing a song or tell a joke, the response is displayed on the screen but she no longer speaks the answers. This extends to the Bluetooth functionality in the car as well.
In addition, one of the phones has an issue with HEY CORTANA that says that Cortana is turned off.
WHAT HAVE I TRIED TO FIX IT?
So far I have soft reset and hard reset one of the phones and mult-started them both. Suspect that the issues stem from a "English" language error as it offered some a warning of sorts about the two not matching if the change we proposed was accepted so I left it be.

Both phones have been on the fast ring for long term with no Cortana issues until today and are updated to latest build.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions on how to make this return to normal?

this is an issue with the latest fast ring update: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2016/08/17/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-14905-for-pc-mobile/

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon