Cracked Screen Advice

rudypoochris

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Well, just cracked my screen for the 3rd time. First in October, then again in January, and now just last night. The first two times it cracked from minor falls, this last time it simply cracked in my front pocket - no drop, nothing. Pretty ridiculous durability (as in it has none). Looks like every 3 months this phone is going to crack and it costs about $200 each time to repair it.

This is a 1520.3 on tmobile. What should I do? I can repair the phone, buy an att 1520 (can I enable qi and LTE on tmo?), wait it out since its a couple hairline cracks, switch back to my 920 or 635, or go with a different brand. I dont want to spend a ton of money to have the phone break again especially if a new W10 flagship is coming in the next couple months.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
You should either buy a used 1520 on eBay or go with one of the original wp8 flasgships (920,925,1020)..to hold u off until the flagship...and whichever one u do choose please get either a heavy duty case or a glass screen protector so that this doesn't happen again 😂...i would say go for a 640 instead of the 920,925,1020 or 928 but the cameras,recording,and screen quality would be better on those,as the 640 records in mono,has no
Pureview,ois,or clearblack,etc...its just not premium, so yea a used 1520 or old flasghsip would be better,repairing the 1520's screen by yourself is just as expensive as laying for one done for u and on top of that alot of screens online are shady and low quality and alot of people have issues after a screen repair

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Well, just cracked my screen for the 3rd time. First in October, then again in January, and now just last night. The first two times it cracked from minor falls, this last time it simply cracked in my front pocket - no drop, nothing. Pretty ridiculous durability (as in it has none). Looks like every 3 months this phone is going to crack and it costs about $200 each time to repair it.

This is a 1520.3 on tmobile. What should I do? I can repair the phone, buy an att 1520 (can I enable qi and LTE on tmo?), wait it out since its a couple hairline cracks, switch back to my 920 or 635, or go with a different brand. I dont want to spend a ton of money to have the phone break again especially if a new W10 flagship is coming in the next couple months.

LoL I doubt it "just cracked" from being in your front pocket, but perhaps you knocked something directly on the screen like against a desk/table or maybe your GF sat on your lap and on the phone? In any case These screens are pretty durable, of course to a certain degree... maybe try to get a more rugged case for your L1520??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wizzard