Crushed my FOCUS! :(

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I was working in the lab, semi tripped and hit the corner of the table. BAM! Samsung Focus is crushed. The Power button got jammed into the phone and now it's dead. I'm now working with a Nokia C3-00 and a BlackBerry Bold 9000. I'm a sad panda!:(

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I was working in the lab, semi tripped and hit the corner of the table. BAM! Samsung Focus is crushed. The Power button got jammed into the phone and now it's dead. I'm now working with a Nokia C3-00 and a BlackBerry Bold 9000. I'm a sad panda!:(
sad_panda.jpg

Oh no! bad news indeed 1jaxstate1. I'd be devastated if anything happened to my Omnia. :(

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Oh my, so sorry to hear that. I would be beside myself, absolutely shattered. Just reading about it gives me a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach imagining how that would feel. :(

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Ok, Tried to use a Nokia, and it was just to basic. The phone was so old that there were no good apps available. I needed to change my data plan to get the BB to work so I decided to pass on it. I'm going to try a plam pre plus and hope that it be suffice until I can back with WP7! I know new hardware is coming, so I don't want to use my upgrade right now. You really don't know how nice and smooth WP7 is until you're with out it! :(

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I honestly couldn't imagine going back to IOS now it's so dull and well, boring. You sure do get used to zooming about your tiles and apps on the phone.

Every time i use someone elses phone, i keep hitting the non existant back button LOL (Nothing happens)

So smooth too as you say 1jaxstate1

I have been WP7 brainwashed I think. (And i like it) :)

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site

horrible news 1jaxstate! Condolences have insurance?

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Ugh that's not fun. Luckily it's not too pricey to buy another Focus. I've seen them selling online for $150ish.

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Quick question about insurance for smartphones. I have made claims for broken feature phones, and I have had to pay $40 to get it replaced. What's the price on replacing a smartphone?

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I've had to replace my Focus twice due to the fact I like to dunk it in the water.

They go for sub-$200 on ebay and even amazon. Depending on your insurance, your deductible might be as high as $150 so sometimes it just makes sense to buy it straight up.

Dunno what your situation is, but I'd recommend buying one used to hold you over until your upgrade (for a Nokia or Focus S, right? ;P). You can then have it as a backup in case anything bad happens to the new one down the line

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Dunno what your situation is, but I'd recommend buying one used to hold you over until your upgrade (for a Nokia or Focus S, right? ;P).
Oh don''t give 1jaxstate1 another excuse to mention the Titan, Titan this, Titan that, don't want Super Amoled Plus, want the bigger screen blah blah! ;)

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Quick question about insurance for smartphones. I have made claims for broken feature phones, and I have had to pay $40 to get it replaced. What's the price on replacing a smartphone?

Depends on the carrier or retail store that is insuring the phone. It's going to vary from place to place.

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site

The Quantum, Surround and Focus are all $50, not sure about the other carriers.

eta: HD7S is $125

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soste