Cyan Update through Cricket Wireless-Should I unlock?

TheWenisKing

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I've been a Cricket customer here in the US for a little while now, and I have the Lumia 620. I was on the Developer Preview for a while and used the Nokia Software Recovery Tool to downgrade back to 8.0--I was having battery and lag issues up the ying yang.

Anyway, Cricket is taking way too long to finish "testing" Cyan and every time I call them, customer service doesn't seem to have the slightest clue about Cyan.

I can get an unlock code from them since I've been a customer of theirs for the minimum required time. If I unlock my phone, will I be able to install the Cyan software, or will I still have to wait for Cricket to finish testing regardless?

Thanks in advance for helping me clear this up. I don't want to sacrifice my battery again with the Developer Preview, but being back on 8.0 is kinda a drag.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I've been a Cricket customer here in the US for a little while now, and I have the Lumia 620. I was on the Developer Preview for a while and used the Nokia Software Recovery Tool to downgrade back to 8.0--I was having battery and lag issues up the ying yang.

Anyway, Cricket is taking way too long to finish "testing" Cyan and every time I call them, customer service doesn't seem to have the slightest clue about Cyan.

I can get an unlock code from them since I've been a customer of theirs for the minimum required time. If I unlock my phone, will I be able to install the Cyan software, or will I still have to wait for Cricket to finish testing regardless? NO, your device is still w Cricket (even though unlocked), you'll have to wait for them to rollout their update (unless you want flash a different ROM w NSU).

Thanks in advance for helping me clear this up. I don't want to sacrifice my battery again with the Developer Preview, but being back on 8.0 is kinda a drag.

I would still get the unlock code & unlock the device, just in case.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes