Data and Multimedia Message weirdness

mikkopel

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm having a bit of trouble with my unlocked Lumia 1020 on TMobile.
The problem was that I couldn't get multimedia messages and data to work with the same settings at home at work. If you read my previous message, you'll know that at work I get LTE service, but at home only EDGE.

After doing a lot of testing, it seems that at work I need to have LTE turned off. If I have LTE on, I get data, but MMS messages don't come through. That's what I don't get. I mean if data works, why wouldn't the messages?

Also, the internet APN seems to have something to do with it. If I use fast.t-mobile.com, MMS messages don't work either. I have to use epc.tmobile.com for them to work. It took me a while to figure out the domains are different with the APNs...

Anyone else have similar issues? Does this sound like a phone or network issue? I think I need more data points, and I'll need to write down all the possible combinations and results...

mikkopel

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Yep, that's where I got the settings from... But like I said, by simply disabling LTE I can get the MMS to work, and then break it again by enabling LTE...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124