Death of Google Reader - What next?

Rick Stenson

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I have used several different readers like: Feed Reader, Fuse, etc. that pull from my Google Reader account. Now that GR is going away. What are people doing to aggregate feeds and funnel them to a WP8 reader app? I know there are several readers out there in which you can manually enter feeds. But the overhead of manually entering 25+ feeds is daunting.

Ixolite

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Feedly will have their own API, basically same as Google Reader and some devs are said to switch to Feedly backend once Google Reader is switched off. I moved to Feedly as well, seems to be the smoothest transition at the moment.

Jupast

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
For me, i've narrowed it down to Feedly (in list view) and TheOldReader.

I do miss the unread articles favicon for pinned tabs that a script for Google Reader added though.

sme76

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Yes. Feedly seem like a cool alternative, when they have released a WP8 app.
But since there isn't any official time line for this, is ther any other alternative that acctually is up and running?

rdavenp3

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I switched to newsblur.com. There is Metroblur in the app store that works pretty well.
Sent from my Lumia 928 using Board Express

cybodroid

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I use NextGen Reader on both the desktop and mobile versions of Windows 8 since its design is more inline with the original Reader feel. They mention on their site that their apps will continue to run after Google shuts down service and I haven't had any problems thus far.

TheSuperject

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I also switched to Newsblur since it has a lot of the great poweruser features that Google Reader had, and for WP8, I use the Feed Me app which is pretty great!

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
I use Weave now exclusively myself, not so great for cross platform...yet. They have said a Win8 version is coming soon though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers