Debranding a Nokia Lumia 620

tegimaster

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
I just bought an unlocked Lumia 620 to replace my 640. I wanted the smaller phone, a throwback to my old HTC Pro 7, which fit my hands and pockets so nicely. I'm on AT&T, so it's working like a charm, although I never really will get over connecting to E or H for cellular data instead of 3G or 4G. So far, I like the phone. But I had some trouble at the start, and a reset with the Windows Device Recovery Tool fixed it all. But I tried upgrading to 10 with the developer preview, and I lost my data connection, and it would constantly drop my cellular signal so I couldn't do anything with it but wifi. No calls, no text, no data. The guy at AT&T couldn't figure it out. I couldn't figure it out. So I flashed back to 8.1 again, and I suppose if I have to, I can stay at 8.1 until the official 10 is released for my phone. But, I don't like to give up until all my resources are exhausted, so here I am, making an account and posting my first post here with a few questions.

1: Any idea what would cause me to lose all cellular signals when I update to 10 with my 620?

2: If I can't upgrade to 10 and I have to wait for 10 to be released officially, will the fact that my phone seems to be branded Vodafone delay my update?

3: If the Vodafone branding will delay my 10 upgrade, can I debrand/unbrand the phone?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
1. Things go wrong with 10 all the time, if may have been a one-time thing, so I would try again.

2. You can use the Production or Release Preview rings for Insider to deal with updates.
Vodafone may or may not delay or deny an update entirely, but with Insider it becomes a smaller issue since your phone just needs to get on 10 first then MS can take the wheel.

- Worth noting that E and H correspond to 2G and 3G. The 620 doesn't have true 4G LTE connectivity. (at best, H+ or "4G" in the US, which is a 3G tech)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos