Decided to snag a SL2...

Almeuit

May 21, 2015
Visit site
I have been debating on getting a laptop for awhile. I haven't really needed one or truly needed a tablet (even though I would like an iPad) -- I just know I wouldn't use it as much. Well as times do they have changed and since I am studying for things (CCNA/CCNA Sec./AWS) I figured having a laptop I can use anywhere to study would be beneficial.

Long story short... I decided to grab the Surface Laptop 2. It seems like a pretty good machine for studying / running some labs so.. here it is :p. I got the i5/8GB/256 GB combo. I first tried the 128 GB combo but saw 60 GB after updates and said nope so I exchanged.

Any tips? I haven't used mobile in a long while since I really only gamed on PCs (self built ofc).

Attachments

• surf_1.jpg
    surf_1.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 6
  • surf_2.jpg
    surf_2.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 5

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Couldn"t you have purchased the iPad for less money and still satisfied your need. Interested in yours and others thoughts on this.

Almeuit

May 21, 2015
Visit site
I decided I need a wifi port for some of my Cisco stuff. I couldn't fathom paying the $50 Microsoft price for their USB to Ethernet so just snagged the Amazon Basics $13 one.

Richard_Indy

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I picked a Cobalt Blue i7 256gb with 8Gb of Ram up from the MS Store in Indy (Cobalt BLue is on sale for $300 less than the other colors - The Indy MS Store didn't even know that sale was in place). Within 4 days, I took it back because of constant blue screening even after a complete Windows 10 Reset, and Memory tests, and running System File Checker and so on and so forth. The store gave me another one just like it and it hasn't blue screened at all. So far I love the fit and finish and the feel of the keyboard. THey also swapped my Surface Dock out for a brand new one because I couldn't update the firmware on my original one (the Firmware update would get to 33% and hang). I updated the brand new one in the store before leaving.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos