Delete emails from server(Outlook mailbox) when deleting from Windows Phone 8.1

justforsabbath

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Friends one of feature I am not able to figure out is how to enable the option for example if i delete an email on my phone using default outlook on my Lumia 640 it should also be deleted from my outlook mail box. Because of this I end up having so many unnecessary emails in my mail box for which i have to login to my outlook account using my desktop and delete them.

Why not Microsoft have a native app for outlook on WP 8.1 something similar to Gmail app on android. So for example if you delete an email from that app it also deletes from your mailbox. Is there a workaround for it?

k72

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
When I delete an email from my phone, it also deletes it from my outlook account. Sometimes it doesn't sync right away, so if I delete it on my phone and then immediately check it on my laptop, the email will still be there until my phone syncs. What are your sync settings set to? If they are to daily, for example, it won't sync to your desktop as quickly. Another thought may be the imap/pop3 settings. I'm not clear on setting those up, but that could possibly affect things

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
go to outlook.com (use a pc/laptop), sign in, click the gear icon, click options, click connect devices...pop and set your preferences :)

k72

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks but how do I check my sync settings? also if its the imap/pop issue how can i fix it?
There are two ways to get to your sync settings on the phone. You can open your mailbox, choose Settings from the bottom menu, and then choose Sync Settings. The other way is to go to All Settings, then Email and Accounts, and then choose your account and do the Sync Settings from there. Your current sync frequency setting will be highlighted.

I don't currently know how to set up the pop3 settings on the phone. I believe it's set up for imap by default, which is when your mail syncs across devices, as opposed to pop3, where it is stored locally on a particular device (there are settings with some providers so that you can get your mail on multiple devices for a certain number of days before it is deleted from the server and only stored locally). I would think that you would have imap settings if you've never set anything other than just adding the account, which is what you want if you want things to sync.

justforsabbath

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Thank you friends for the help, I simply love the Windows Phone experience only if google could release couple of apps like Hangouts, GMail app for the WP. I have high hopes on Windows 10 Mobile and glad to know that Lumia 640 would be the first series of phone receive the update.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99