Denim starting roll-out ... very soon (?)

flattie

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
WMP seem to think they have a sniff of an immanent release (see here).

I'm itching to try out Lumia Camera; it claims to have addressed many, if not most, of the problems I have with the current app. I have no doubt that the new features will deliver, but if the speed improvements on the SD800 phones are as promised too, then I'll be absolutely over the moon. Come on MS, get this thing out there!

naeem151287

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I think it's a safe bet to say the rollout will start next week if Microsoft wants to keep it's word and complete most of the rollout before the end of Q4.

There are two ways of doing this -

1. They could start the rollout very early and have it very limited in terms of regions/models.
2. They could start the rollout very late and have it delivered to more regions/models in a short time.

Since Option 1 is no longer a possibility (I hope), I am looking forward to Option 2. :)

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
As I said earlier following partner testing and approval, it clearly says that in the blogs everywhere including the Lumia conversations link posted above

ali80

May 29, 2013
Visit site
There are 3 Lumia devices at my home. 930, 1320 & 1520. Only 930 got the update 1 for now and all are unbranded. My opinion is we are going to get updates after we give up on MS devices because of turtle speed releasing updates.

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
what's hilarious is that google already developed android 5.1. by the time denim comes, we're lookin at android 6....hehehe

When was Android 5 announced? Long time ago, probably at the same time as WP 8.1.
When was Denim announced? 2 months ago.
Also, the fact that Google developed something doesn't mean that the update will reach the phones in the nearest future, probably even will not. So your comparison is not reliable.

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Actually looks like they announced it last month Google Announces Android Lollipop, Nexus 6 Smartphone, Nexus 9 Tablet and it has the same cross device capabilities as Windows 10 so they appear to be beating Microsoft on two fronts.

Android Lollipop - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Android Lollipop, aka Android L, aka Android 5 was announced 5 months before and the rollout is yet beginning, while WP 8.1 started to roll out in 3 months later after the April announcement.

JoeHollins

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone so I got my Lumia 830 replacement through ATT mobile insurance and it came with Denim. Here's a screen capture.

What should I notice for new features? The link brings me to the MS WP8.1 page and there's no info. BTW, love this lumia 830. Came from a 635, and before that a 1020. Prior I had the 920 and the 900 also.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 17

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone so I got my Lumia 830 replacement through ATT mobile insurance and it came with Denim. Here's a screen capture.

What should I notice for new features? The link brings me to the MS WP8.1 page and there's no info. BTW, love this lumia 830. Came from a 635, and before that a 1020. Prior I had the 920 and the 900 also.
I think an AT&T 830 will be my next phone as well. How is it size wise? I haven't had a chance to check one out yet. I'm using a 822 at the moment.

Suedezu

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
A couple of days ago I sent a message to the Microsoft Lumia page on Facebook asking them about the Denim rollout.

Today I got a reply ”Hi Andrei, the Denim update will roll out soon following testing and operator approvals keep an eye on our channels for more!”

I know it just says the dreaded word for every WP fan ”soon” but I think by mid December who could get our hands on the Denim update. At least this is my take on ”Soon” :)

Last edited:

naeem151287

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I got the exact same reply (word for word) on Twitter. I wrote back saying "soon" is a very vague term. It is a really disappointing situation - I hope we have a rollout announcement soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss