Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

delmanicomio

May 21, 2014
Visit site
When someone calls me i can't slide phone.
i'm trying to slide up for answers or reject, no i cant
phone still ringing but no way.

time to wait caller end call.

Eas195

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Using Indian Lumia 925.1 with Windows Phone 8.1 Update and Lumia Cyan firmware. I still don't get the network activity arrows on WiFI/3G signal indicator.

Do I need to do a full format using Nokia recovery suite?

You need Lumia Cyan to get that arrow come out from that signal.

brusbrother

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Is there a way to make the Lumia 521 (or any WP) act more like a phone?
When a call comes in, I would like to be able to hit one button to answer the call.
Ideally, I would want to have the option to hit just one button to answer a call or a setting that would allow the option for one button or to preview (answer or ignore).

Karffe

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Hello, do you have anyone the bug like me? I have issue with hardware buttons light, because this is very bad behavior in windows phone 8.1 developer preview what i have installed (latest version of wp8.1 and fully updated). I have HTC X8 and in my region it's still unsuported format of the OS therefore i have the developers version...

Please tell me someone who has the same model like me, do you have this behavior too?
This look like the buttons react to the lights, in system setting i try to working out but without final set up... I try to turn off the battery saver etc.

Please help me:crying::angry:

Kushagra Mehrotra

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

one thing is very annoying the Notification sound you hear while on call whenever there is a Message, Whats app or any other notification from an App.

During call this should auto Mute. Or is there is a Setting for this?

Royabs

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
My Lumia 720 keeps on vibrating and does not allow me to access any of the applications.
I had updated from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 recently. At first it was working fine then suddenly this started happening.
I have already put my phone through soft reset and hard reset.
After hard reset the phone was working ok for 1 day and then yet again the issue cropped up.
I am unable to open any of the apps as the phone keeps vibrating and jumping from app to app.

NIKHIL NARKAR

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
After critical update I am not able to open storage check from setting. It say an update is available please check in store. I didn't find any update. Whereas storage check beta is opening properly.

brusbrother

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Trying to install critical update. Fails each time and then I see that in the process of download/restart it has disconnected from my secure wireless connection and needs to have password reinserted.
I have worked around this by connecting to an unsecured wireless router in my home to complete the process.
After succesful update, the connection to the unsecured network was also disconnected and needed to be manually restored.
Just went to "manage" section under wifi and checked to connect automatically.
Maybe that was my porblem all along...

Last edited:

brusbrother

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
For the non-developers, is there any reason to keep Dev Preview now that the CYAN foot dragging is over? i.e. any reason to be the first to be bricked by MiSengineering?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
For the non-developers, is there any reason to keep Dev Preview now that the CYAN foot dragging is over? i.e. any reason to be the first to be bricked by MiSengineering?

because I value the more features more than the potential risk of a problem.
its not development end now, things march on.

Last edited:

brusbrother

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
8.1 Update 1 is still Developer Preview-only on older handsets, plus there will be Update 2 and Windows 10 if we're lucky.
But it says CYAN is now available on my TMobile 521. I am not using TMobile but am using Lycamobile. Did today's update include the TMobile firmware update as well or do I need to put a TMobile sim card in and check for updates with DP turned off?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
But it says CYAN is now available on my TMobile 521. I am not using TMobile but am using Lycamobile. Did today's update include the TMobile firmware update as well or do I need to put a TMobile sim card in and check for updates with DP turned off?

Current carrier does not make a difference, just check for updates regardless and enjoy. The only thing being T-Mobile branded affects is where the phone looks for updates (T-Mo instead of direct from Nokia/MS) and whether it has a T-Mo SIM or anything else does not affect that.

You should not have to disable the preview.

Suresh Kumar Kella

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

BUG: Double Tap To Wake not working even after SOFT RESET as suggested by NOKIA SUPPORT guy, what is the best solution for that

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)