Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

brusbrother

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Waiting on Nokia Lumia 521 Cyan update to go live.
Is MS still recommending reverting to 8.0 before installing 8.1 on top of Developer Preview?
Has anyone done the revert before upgrade?

brusbrother

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
I gave my 8.1 DP Nokia 521 to my daughter and am back on 8.0 for the moment,
I am new to WP. Is there a one step way to answer a phone call or is it still swipe to unlock/select answer or ignore?
I wish there was a setting to use the device as a dumb phone when other WP abilities aren't needed. Any such luck ths was remedied in 8.1? A kitchen wall phone with a curly cord would be nice...

Last edited:

hprvez

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks NT.
That's what MS told me but Nokia's hair was on fire when they warned me that I must revert!
I guess someone should tell Nokia but then again, I do like a good spectacle ;-)

They were telling to revert to 8.0 because at that time they hadn't released cyan for Preview for developers enrolled phones, and they knew they wouldn't be releasing it any time soon. Using the Nokia tool is the only way to quit the pfd without an update (that they were not releasing) and the tool could only give you the 8.0 os.

brusbrother

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
They were telling to revert to 8.0 because at that time they hadn't released cyan for Preview for developers enrolled phones, and they knew they wouldn't be releasing it any time soon. Using the Nokia tool is the only way to quit the pfd without an update (that they were not releasing) and the tool could only give you the 8.0 os.
OK now I'm confused. Daughter has Dev Preview Nokia 521 with her at school. When MS/Nokia finally releases Cyan 8.1 for the 521, will she have to first revert to 8.0 or can she just update from Dev Preview edition to true Cyan using the Update Phone function in Settings on the phone?

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
OK now I'm confused. Daughter has Dev Preview Nokia 521 with her at school. When MS/Nokia finally releases Cyan 8.1 for the 521, will she have to first revert to 8.0 or can she just update from Dev Preview edition to true Cyan using the Update Phone function in Settings on the phone?
TMo is responsible for Cyan on 521, since she is on the preview it will come to all preview phones sooner or later from MS once the bitlocker bug is solved.

Don't downgrade her, it will more than likely arrive to preview first before TMo pulls their thumbs out of their rears and ship out Cyan for 521/920

I have been on my Lumia 521 with a 64 gig class 10 microsdxc and PD 8.1.1 for about a month, I was dumb enough to wait for TMo instead of jumping ship immediately. Would've been on pd for three months almost instead of barely one :p.

Sensonic

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Nokia Lumia Icon: cannot send or receive MMS messages at all. Tried to toggle APN settings, Access Point etc. but nothing seems to work :(

LilithElina

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
I have the HTC 8S, and since I installed the preview, I sometimes notice that my WiFi connection looses the internet connection. I'm still logged in with the WiFi itself, but there's no internet.
This can normally be reversed by simply restarting the phone.

wayn1ak

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this (I searched the thread but didn't see anything related), but I noticed lately that after unlocking my phone and scrolling down my start screen, sometimes the tiles would jump up a couple spots which would lead me to tapping the wrong tile. This started to happen when I have the native app folders implemented. Another thing is that my email notification vibration is only a single vibration. It use to be two vibrations. It's no big deal but it would be nice to know the difference between an email or text coming in while in my pocket instead of having to pull out my phone every time there was a vibration.

Austin Swann

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi I have two problems since win8.1 update. I'm on Lumia 820

first I can not install Here Drive+ , popup message says : (roughly translated) We have problem with installing this application. If you see this message for the first time go on and retry. If problem persists, check that your phone is up to date

And since this app didnt install at update , two others didnt install correctly as well.
Calendar and battery saver.

I can not open those two apps. when i click them it does nothing.
But calendar seems to be running because i have push up notifications of birthdays.

When I hold 2sec on it i can not uninstall them to try to reinstall it.
They also dont appear in "Assitant stockage" or "memory assistant". In phone -> app+game , they are not in the list. (neither on SD card)

By the way I tried soft reset, I also tried Diagnostics app and this one does not work either. It says Exception from HRESULT: 0xC5580701

Can you help?

Thanks for everything

PS : some app do not close when pushing the back button

PPS : SE Version : 8.10.12393.890
Microprogram version : 3051.50009.1424.0003
Hardware version : 2.4.3.2
Radio version : 1.0.202184.3
SOC version : 8960

Last edited:

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if this bug/feature is related to DP, but the thing I hate is that Mail is not properly syncing. Suppose your email account gets mail "as items arrive" (for other settings it works fine). In this case, when you open a new unread email, then on the server it will be kept as unread until you will get ANOTHER new email or you press the refresh button.
The way it works on iOS (at least for me) is that it's syncing when I just open the new email message, so it's immediately becoming read on the server.

It's quite bothering me, because I get email notification on my iPhone even if I've read the message on my 1520.

mariovega

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

I can?t soft reset my lumia 720. When pressing down the Volume Down + Power buttons for 10-15 seconds, it does nothing.
Is there any other way to soft reset? :(

Juraj Ondruska

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Happened the same on my kumia 920 DP update 1 yesterday. I tried to shot some pics and the phone saved just black images and kept saying something like: I cant display pictures. try later. After restart there wasnt any problem taking and saving pics, but those I took moment before still remained black. And then after a few hours, as I woke up, I could see them as usuall. Dont know why that happened and why those pictures became "visible"

jayrdi

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Game won't recognise that it's been paid for since 8.1 update

I had paid for a game Time Mysteries 3' on my Lumia 820 Windows phone but since the update to 8.1 it won't recognise that I've already purchased it.

It's the format where you download the game, play it for a bit then ' unlock' it by paying. It comes up saying 'purchase record not found'.

I don't want to pay for this twice; is there a solution, please?

Thanks

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I started facing following issues from last two-three days:
[1] Extras+Info started crashing.
[2] Jumping over during Video playback(Xbox Video), use to produce an annoying beep sound.
[3] Flow Keyboard stopped working all of a sudden.

Resolution: Hard Reset. It was hectic as the entire process took almost 4 hours(Restoring backups and then downloading language pack to enable Cortana etc), but it solved those issues.

BobD33714

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I have a Lumia 521 on Metro PCS/T-Mobile. I installed the Preview for Dev and have been running Windows 8.1 for about a week. So far the only issue,pretty sure its the reason the 8.1 update hasn't come officially, is my WiFi calling is disabled. Other than that it works flawlessly. Phone hasn't lost any speed and I love the fact that I can move apps to the SD card. One of the big reasons I decided to move away from Android.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ravi Joshi