Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

abhiiceman

May 10, 2014
Visit site
some bug in windows store, just today i got to know that temple run 2 now supports 512mb ram but when i searched the top free games or apps it wasnt listed then even after going to temple run 1 and then more by imangi studios it just displayed temple run 1 didnt display TP2 so only after searching for temple run 2 i got the app this is not good...
many time if i search for a app in store with just half the name of the app then it never display the correct one also spelling mistakes will lead to unwanted apps.
related apps section displays what ever it wants, till now never come across any apps that were related in the related app section.
ex if i were in whatsapp then related apps may display music player, games or whatever it likes...

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
on my L1320, i cant copy films on my SD card via USB... everytime i try, this stop me:
View attachment 66660
(in english: Two and a half man cant copy. Device stop working or be disconect. ).. pictures and music is fine, only video files cant copy... Ill try factory reset, but still cant copy
anyone with same problem ?
EDIT1: i try it on Win 7 , Win 8.1 , Win Vista and Win XP, still same problem. . . if i get SD card to card reader on my notebook, its working fine, so problem is only if SD card is in Lumia and try copy via USB
EDIT2: i cant install apps and games on SD card, and when i try move game from lumia to sdcard , my lumia frozen. . .
anyone have same problem ?

Could it be something with the characters in the file name that does it?

Oliver Cakajda

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
dont think so, when try another file with normal name, still same problem. . . and new problem, that when copy music to sd card, its take a while, and some music file is broken-its looks like that only half of song copy. . . .
today i try move app from lumia to SD card, 500mb app moving about 20min , then try move next 200mb app and my lumia frozen-need restart . . .
WP8.1 is fine, but all things with SD card is broken in my Lumia. . .

darniil

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Did a quick search of this thread to see if anyone else posted this, but I didn't find anything.

When typing, the autocorrect on my Lumia 920 tends to change things in an odd way. For example, it will autocorrect "is" and "if" to "I", and "this" to "tho".

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
dont think so, when try another file with normal name, still same problem. . . and new problem, that when copy music to sd card, its take a while, and some music file is broken-its looks like that only half of song copy. . . .
today i try move app from lumia to SD card, 500mb app moving about 20min , then try move next 200mb app and my lumia frozen-need restart . . .
WP8.1 is fine, but all things with SD card is broken in my Lumia. . .

Have you tried a different card? Did you format it in the phone? Which class is it? I know there were issues before with Nokia being stingy about which cards you should use.

David Havenga

May 16, 2014
Visit site
On lumia 620 and 625 oem digitizers don't work after updates so touch screen doesn't respond touch keys don't respond renders phone useless.
Please update to fix! as we lose out on all the features that make the phone great!

luismfarelo

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
The new update of the Developer Preview has messed up the location services on the Ativ S, some apps that require location crash and using maps begs for calibration. Anyone else suffering from this?

Mitukya

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
One thing I've noticed is notification sound lengths seem to play inconsistantly. One time it plays for 5 seconds, another time it plays for 10 seconds. I notice this on sounds I have set up as text tones, e-mail notifications and voicemail notifications. I have several notifications set with sounds that are 30 seconds long. I seem to member WP7 and WP8 didn't cut off the e-mail notifications (the one you could set) or the voicemail notification and played the full 30 seconds. I'd like WP8.1 to play the notification sound until it's over.

Another thing I find inconsistant, is I used to be able to kill the notification sound (on the ones that last 10 seconds or longer) by pressing the volume rocker. With WP8.1, it seems to work sometimes and not work other times. This is on text tones and e-mail notifications. I don't recall having this problem of phone calls (when I don't pick up right away).

Nokia Lumia 928

helsten2

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
One thing I've noticed is notification sound lengths seem to play inconsistantly. One time it plays for 5 seconds, another time it plays for 10 seconds. I notice this on sounds I have set up as text tones, e-mail notification's and voicemail notifications. I have several notifications set with sounds that are 30 seconds long. I seem to member WP7 and WP8 didn't cur off the e-mail notifications (the one you could set) or the voicemail notification and played the full 30 seconds. I'd like WP8.1 to play the notification sound until it's over.

Confirmed

Oliver Cakajda

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried a different card? Did you format it in the phone? Which class is it? I know there were issues before with Nokia being stingy about which cards you should use.
it is new SD card, so i dont try different card. . . yes, i format it in the phone. . . it is class 10. . . it is ADATA Premier Micro SDXC 64GB UHS-I. . .
i dont think that card is broken, bcs when i put it on my notebook card reader, all copy things go allright without any problem. . .

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
it is new SD card, so i dont try different card. . . yes, i format it in the phone. . . it is class 10. . . it is ADATA Premier Micro SDXC 64GB UHS-I. . .
i dont think that card is broken, bcs when i put it on my notebook card reader, all copy things go allright without any problem. . .

Yeah, I don't think the card is broken either, but I know the Nokias might be more sensitive than a PC depending on which card it is. I had an SD card for my Lumia 521 that I kept getting error messages with, even though the card worked fine in the PC. Maybe Google and see if there are particular cards that might work better. :/

lcw731

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Adobe PDF reader dipped functioning properly after the recent update. It downloads the files, but won't open then. Tells you to tap to open, which just re launches the app.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi I'm not sure if this was asked already. Please forgive me for not back reading 79 pages.

I just want to know if the 5/14 update fixed the infinite boot loop issue and camera issue of the Samsung Ativ S I8750?

Many thanks.

WinSammie

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi I'm not sure if this was asked already. Please forgive me for not back reading 79 pages.

I just want to know if the 5/14 update fixed the infinite boot loop issue and camera issue of the Samsung Ativ S I8750?

Many thanks.
Infinite boot loop is a firmware issue, You need the GDR3 firmware before upgrading to wp8.1. Camera issue seems better, but not always, still needs Samsung drivers.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Infinite boot loop is a firmware issue, You need the GDR3 firmware before upgrading to wp8.1. Camera issue seems better, but not always, still needs Samsung drivers.
what is an infinite boot loop?
i thought the updates / upgrades to firmware are cumulative. GDR3 is required to be installed prior to WP 8.1?
anyways, i never left out any updates till date. in fact, quite eager and over-anxious to install the updates.

WinSammie

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
what is an infinite boot loop?
i thought the updates / upgrades to firmware are cumulative. GDR3 is required to be installed prior to WP 8.1?
anyways, i never left out any updates till date. in fact, quite eager and over-anxious to install the updates.
Infinite loop means the Phone starts up and then switches off again, etc. etc.
There are 2 updates for GDR3: the MS update, that you can get via the developer program, and, in this case, the Samsung firmware update. If you have the GDR3 developer update but don't have the Samsung firmware update you still can do the developer update to the MS WP8.1, but that will result in problems like the infinite loop. The only thing you can do then is flash back to GDR3 and get the samsung firmware update first.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Infinite loop means the Phone starts up and then switches off again, etc. etc.
There are 2 updates for GDR3: the MS update, that you can get via the developer program, and, in this case, the Samsung firmware update. If you have the GDR3 developer update but don't have the Samsung firmware update you still can do the developer update to the MS WP8.1, but that will result in problems like the infinite loop. The only thing you can do then is flash back to GDR3 and get the samsung firmware update first.

i never knew this as i havenot used a samsung phone. i use lumia. and lumia got updated with GDR3 in Black update. thanks for the info, buddy.

Nitesh Tilwani

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
After this latest update, the CLICK sound is still there when i seek a streaming video. But this doesn't happen on all videos. Happens on some... I guess particularly while streaming 3gp or Mp4 videos...

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital