Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Apurv Patani

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I am experiencing a heating problem...my phone gets badly heated up when i put it on charging...this was not happening before i got the wp8.1 developer preview...also it always remains a littles heated up...i not even using cellular data(when i use it gets even more heated up)...i am always on wifi....pls anyone help me if u know any solutions tp this problem or is it that this problem is common with all wp8.1users??????

Gaurav Ahuja

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

My Lumi 820's screen all of a sudden changed to Horizontal bar pattern of White & Grey Bars and lines.

Restarted the phone and it is fine now. Often I see top and bottom pixels getting stuck on the phone.

wphashan

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site

My Lumi 820's screen all of a sudden changed to Horizontal bar pattern of White & Grey Bars and lines.

Restarted the phone and it is fine now. Often I see top and bottom pixels getting stuck on the phone.
I've seen lot of WPC user report this bug. (820 users)

Nitesh Tilwani

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I am experiencing a heating problem...my phone gets badly heated up when i put it on charging...this was not happening before i got the wp8.1 developer preview...also it always remains a littles heated up...i not even using cellular data(when i use it gets even more heated up)...i am always on wifi....pls anyone help me if u know any solutions tp this problem or is it that this problem is common with all wp8.1users??????

I don't think this is WP8.1 related issue. I think your battery is not working properly. Try reverting back to WP 8.0. I have a strong feeling it's related to battery, few of my friends also faced this issue, got their battery changed and things are fine for them...

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 using Tapatalk

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Omg screen is slow to come back after screen lock! Then of course it probably doesn't help when I'm pushing every button to get it to come back on!

deansmilk

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Today I had another freeze of my 1020 (8.45am) while on the glance screen. This is the third freeze since installing the preview, and so far I have only seen it happen on the glance screen and while on the charger.

Has anyone here had any freezes with WP8.1 when NOT on the glance screen, or when NOT on the charger? I wonder which one does it. For reference, I'm using a carrier unlocked 1020 on Straight Talk.

Yes! I've had this problem since I had the device. I was hoping 8.1 will fix it. Before 8.1 it would lock up with a random reboot. Now, it just shuts down and doesnt reboot. I have to volume down and power to turn it back on. It does happen while not on a charger. Although, it did happen while on a charger too. Now that you mention glance, I've had glance turned off for awhile. I'm pretty sure its happened while glance was off too.

Schnydz

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Been searching around, but haven't seen anybody with this one...

Phone works fine just before I go to sleep at night. I place my 920 on a wireless charger overnight. When I wake up my wifi somehow set it self to off and when I go to enable it back on I get an error telling me wifi is not available at the moment. I have to do a soft reset to remedy the problem. It does this just about every other day. Seems sort of random. Any ideas? If there is a discusion about this can you refer me there?

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Since using the 8.1 developer preview I've noticed that videos now exhibit dropped frames and stutter when played back using the video player in the Xbox app, the video player in the browser, and pretty much any 3rd party app that plays video. Before the jerkyness was limited to just apps(MyTube, Metrotube, etc) but now it seems to be a system wide issue. Not sure if it's a problem with just h.264 videos but it occurs regardless of the resolution and frame rate.

SharkLaserz

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
"Bug: When I back out of an app, and check the multitasking list the app is still open.
Solution: MS have changed the behaviour of the back button in WP 8.1. This is normal. "

Is this for all apps or do developers need to enable it for their apps? Because I haven't found any apps yet that would keep on running even after backing out.

One other thing I've noticed is that the Calendar app keeps opening itself on my 8X for some reason. Had exactly the same problem with People hub on 8.0...

wphashan

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
"Bug: When I back out of an app, and check the multitasking list the app is still open.
Solution: MS have changed the behaviour of the back button in WP 8.1. This is normal. "

Is this for all apps or do developers need to enable it for their apps? Because I haven't found any apps yet that would keep on running even after backing out.

One other thing I've noticed is that the Calendar app keeps opening itself on my 8X for some reason. Had exactly the same problem with People hub on 8.0...

Just battery saver It won't close with back button

Eral Ocal

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Pages of comments are written here but i wonder, are these comments really reaching to microsoft, nokia, htc or wherever they belong and are they planing any solutions for these bugs?

Sourav Ghatak

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Pages of comments are written here but i wonder, are these comments really reaching to microsoft, nokia, htc or wherever they belong and are they planing any solutions for these bugs?

If they have any wish to come even close to Android and iOS phones, They better pay close attention to these. People are doing free testing for them. They can't ask for more.

Sent from my Nokia-Lumia-820 using Tapatalk

Kloc

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site

Had this happen to me today. Two sets of tiles shown on the screen, when scrolling it looked like a background of my tiles were scrolling. I call it ghost tiles. I'm not sure exactly how it happened.

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Outlook folders not showing up in action center?
I have emails from uni set to skip inbox and move directly to a folder, I have the folder pinned, and it shows the counter when emails arrive, but they don't show up in action center. Anyone with similar issue and/or fix?

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have come across a weird shuffle play bug twice now: when shuffling music on BT in the car, songs will start playing say twenty seconds in, play for awhile, and then restart at the actual beginning of the song. Crazy! Has anyone here experienced this? I swear I'm not making this up.

Himera69

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Hello to everybody.I have a Nokia Lumia 920.Since I did the update to WP 8.1 Developer Preview I have a bug I think.Sorry if this bug was also described to you in previous posts.Being more posts do not have time to read them all except for the first pages.Here's what happens:i put on my lock screen a password of 8 digits and from time to time when i enter my password to unlock the screen my phone freezes and restarts by itself.Does anyone have a solution or has the same problem?And if so please tell.
All the best to all of you and wait for a response.

P.S:I apologize if my english is bad

Sai Sailendra

May 3, 2014
Visit site

Major Bug with the video app. I'm using the Lumia 920.

Well, I've put a video ( Movie, about 700MB ) through the PC. Tried playing it. Fast forwarded it and changed the seek pretty quick. That's all. The video app has crashed. It doesn't open again. It crashes on the very first screen when I try to open. I've rebooted, did a soft reset, deleted all the videos, did everything I could. But no use. I'm waiting for an update... :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luiandovaf