Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

joe_easton

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Got the DP update last night (update that added real time battery live tile). Phone worked fine. Plugged in to charge over night and woke up to find that my email tiles were missing. I tried to access Accounts settings but the phone would not allow it.

I powered the phone off and then on. When the phone turned on, I have a lock screen but when I unlock the phone it is just a black screen with status icons across the top. I can only access the notification screen from the lock screen but it will not let me into settings, camera, etc. Soft keys give haptic feedback and I can adjust the volume.

I have completed multiple soft resets but I cannot hard reset without accessing settings.

Any thoughts?

brusbrother

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
@joe_easton. You may need to use the Nokia Recovery Software Tool to factory reset the phone. You need a Windows PC running 7 or higher to run it.
Please wait for others to chime in here as I don't want to cause you more grief than you are currently experiencing.

joe_easton

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the tip; unfortunately I have a HTC Windows Phone so the Nokia Software doesn't help. The tech at the local MS store event tried it for me with no luck.

RikWP

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

I updated the my windows phone to the latest developer preview 8.10.14203.306.
wp_ss_20141118_0001.png
But still phone update is showing that critical update is available.
wp_ss_20141118_0002.png

This is the detail of the that update.
wp_ss_20141118_0003.png

Please tell me whats wrong with this.

Scarfey88

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm having issues with my Nokia Lumia 1020. Since updating I synched with my Mac, and since then music will not play. It will show a list of songs, but when I click to play the track it comes up with the error message 'cannot play this song at this time'.

I tried to sync again and remove all the music, and my phone has been deleting tracks for 3 hours and is currently on 500 of 2,124 tracks. Surely this isn't normal?! Really disappointed.

Also, I have 'Hotmail' and 'Hotmail 2', both of which are exactly the same, but it's duplicated all contacts and emails and diary entries.

odoggyfresh

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm having issues with my Nokia Lumia 1020. Since updating I synched with my Mac, and since then music will not play. It will show a list of songs, but when I click to play the track it comes up with the error message 'cannot play this song at this time'.

I tried to sync again and remove all the music, and my phone has been deleting tracks for 3 hours and is currently on 500 of 2,124 tracks. Surely this isn't normal?! Really disappointed.

Also, I have 'Hotmail' and 'Hotmail 2', both of which are exactly the same, but it's duplicated all contacts and emails and diary entries.

I am having the same issue with music not being able to play....ugh!

Nitish Gongala

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Am currently on Developer Preview 8.10.14203 update on my Lumia 625 and the battery drain is severe with moderate to light usage(Around 6 hours of Wi-Fi usage and only WhatsApp). The 625 has one of the best battery backup on WP8 and after Cyan its utterly bad. Would be nice if someone with a similar model and a better battery life could help out.

KingJohnEngland

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
On switch on, Network signal from 02 mobile shows full strength, then 20 seconds later it goes off with no signal. Another 20 seconds later it comes back on, this time staying on

Abhinav S

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
slide down to power off in 8.1 bug help me

Pls anyone help me my Lumia 720 windows phone 8.1 cyane problems lot ND every second its coming "slide down to power off... I can't explain how much problem facing pls tell me solution frm Abhinav...

Last edited:

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
I am also having a few problems...unsure whether it is related to DP or not. Camera issue....it won't even come on...not with the camera button or selecting the camera app. Backup is not working either. Gets stuck at 97%. Any ideas???

wbarrett48473

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 920 (at&t) here and after the latest update (8.10.14219.341) the volume and mic no longer work. When you press the volume keypad the volume menu only shows a thin black/gray line at the top of the screen as the whole volume menu no longer displays. Tried a soft reset with no luck and also a hard reset with no luck. This is kind of frustrating that I can no longer even use my phone to call.

sayedqd

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
My Lumia 925 secondary microphone (On The Top) is not responding or working after updating to the latest WP Dev Preview out. I have tried resetting it and tapping the mic but there is no change. There is no Nokia or Microsoft Center here to help fix it so I hope someone can help

PhongHo

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 1520 (AT&T) with the latest update (8.10.14219.341) too. I found for Lumia Camera Classic (and Nokia Camera), the mic (s) are not working properly when filming-- It is largely the white noise sound like when there is no signal for TV.

I don't think it is a hardware failure as the WP 8.1 camera app still films well with proper sound. Some users above also reported mic failure on other Lumia models.

Also why is automatic backlight gone? Please give it back to us.

Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss