Did you feel satisfied after switching...

QwarkDreams

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I think a certain flavor of incompleteness will always remain if you've used a different OS for a long time before the switch. You might not have fully accustomed to WP8 yet and adjusted to the ways how it works. I still feel this way and I've been (and still am) using my Lumia every day since last November.

WP8.1 will certainly bring some features which make the flavor faint a little and I'm sure it won't be last update with new tweaks, changes, features and improvements.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
There is nothing wrong with a good Android. Well, I mean I hate Google as a spy engine as opposed to a search engine, but otherwise it is a good OS.

But I am so comfortable with WP now, I can't imagine leaving without serious prodding. MS would have to lay a pretty big, bright egg to get me to kick it.

Glad you all are here!

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
There is nothing wrong with a good Android. Well, I mean I hate Google as a spy engine as opposed to a search engine, but otherwise it is a good OS.

But I am so comfortable with WP now, I can't imagine leaving without serious prodding. MS would have to lay a pretty big, bright egg to get me to kick it.

Glad you all are here!

Well typed (or spoken)
From the first swipe I knew I was finally home.

I sort of thought Android had maybe topped out and then it was just infighting amongst users slugging it out between Nexus, Samsung, LG on and on.
Perhaps the stirring of WP8 and on might have returned solidarity to many Androids past and present.

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Yes and no. Android was an app rig and WP feels better at the touch but after trying all operating systems (iOS, bb10,android,wp) I came to the realization that they all do pretty much the same thing... It's hard to explain but as much as I hate saying it: a phone is just a phone. They all do the same thing (except crash, that is more an Android thing) the only major difference is battery life and sound volume. Which my Lumia has the upper hand. Oh and navigation is FANTASTIC, Nokia really did a number on the here app. But personally I miss the old Symbian Nokias that had the 12 key numeric keyboards... Those had good navigation and beyond excellent battery life. If I remember correctly they also had nice musical ringtones... Gee I sound like an old man :confused::(

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Yes and no. Android was an app rig and WP feels better at the touch but after trying all operating systems (iOS, bb10,android,wp) I came to the realization that they all do pretty much the same thing... It's hard to explain but as much as I hate saying it: a phone is just a phone. They all do the same thing (except crash, that is more an Android thing) the only major difference is battery life and sound volume. Which my Lumia has the upper hand. Oh and navigation is FANTASTIC, Nokia really did a number on the here app. But personally I miss the old Symbian Nokias that had the 12 key numeric keyboards... Those had good navigation and beyond excellent battery life. If I remember correctly they also had nice musical ringtones... Gee I sound like an old man :confused::(

Lawl ...

Someday my boy (or other) ... someday :smile:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss