DirecTV Does not allow it on Windows Phones

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I have DirecTV service at home. DirecTV allows streaming to tablets and cell phones. But we have no such animal on Windows Phone 8. So I sent an email to inquire about it and got this answer back.

"Thank you for writing back. I understand you want to enjoy DIRECTV programming through your Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8.

We do not currently allow TV streaming on mobile windows devices."

Just in case you wanted to stream like in IOS and Android, for this device it is not allowed.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Technically this means that DirecTV is lying in their ads, as they say you can stream to any device...

In today's age, you can say anything in a commercial and mean the opposite as long as you use that little "*" at the bottom in letters smaller than most can read. Pizza Hut, when they first started the promotion, said you could get any crust, any toppings, any size for $10 (or whatever the price was). Then, at the bottom in tiny *** letters, they said it didn't include extra cheese or stuffed crust.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
In today's age, you can say anything in a commercial and mean the opposite as long as you use that little "*" at the bottom in letters smaller than most can read. Pizza Hut, when they first started the promotion, said you could get any crust, any toppings, any size for $10 (or whatever the price was). Then, at the bottom in tiny *** letters, they said it didn't include extra cheese or stuffed crust.
Apple got sued for their iPhone 3G ad for its untruthfulness. They couldn't use disclaimers because of some other trial where disclaimers couldn't be used because they were used by everyone.So, they just said everyone who believed it was stupid. At least, that's how I remember it.

tbhausen

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
With a Slingbox and the Slingplayer Mobile app, you can stream anything from any provider. It's completely legal and works great.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Sherman Hemsley wouldn't put with dat!

View attachment 35711

I might have to cop this. This I like.

On the story, i was surprised at the response from them. Rather than tell me WP doesn't have enough users or some other talking point, they dropped this which has a disdain for the platform feel to it. I didn't expect that. Funny they could develop for the other less important platforms but not Windows Phone.

peacock93

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I have also contacted them in the past about it and got a simpler reply. With the new Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 Blue updates coming soon there will be a lot more user jumping on board. Maybe when sales pick up they will add the largest OS base on the planet, all Windows OSs combined, to their list of supported OSs.

I replied back to them after I received their response but never received another response back. I'm really not sure of the logic behind it other then they don't want to spend the money to develop it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xzorax